Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone made multiple claims on insurance in short period? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Up until the last month or two I had managed to only make one claim since I started 8 ish yrs ago. But in the last 6 weeks ish I find myself needing to make 2. Anyone else had to do this? Making me feel like I'm a walking disaster. Neither are huge, should both fall under the £2k mark with any luck.

Its what we pay it for , its a occupational hazard. Dont worry.

Can happen mate as town says at least you had insurance hope it all works out for you . Cheers kop

Thanks chaps. Have to keep telling myself it's just bad luck. I'm more careful now with my work than I ever have been so just a poor throw of the dice.

What's the damage?

I have made one claim never two.
I noticed the following year tho my PL was quite a bit more expensive.

Can happen mate just bad luck

Sometimes it just pours, quite literally. Hope your luck get better.

Went through simular last year bud, water through ceilings but repairable. Pretty sure one was a scam by the customer but hands up one was me.
Double & triple checked things for awhile until confidence was back.

Thanks all, my nerve is coming back fast. Just does your head in a bit.

Sean the damage of the second one (you might remember me asking about the first, damage to ceiling, ongoing) is actually oddly the same type of thing that I broke on my first ever and only other claim. A full length vanity basin. The type where the basin extends to cover the top of the concealed cistern vanity unit. First one I did years ago I was removing a shower screen and lost hold of it and it hit one and broke it. This one I was attempting to remove when it broke. It was only secured by a thin bead of silicone along back length which I'd cut along. An it eased it off one end and it was almost off but a dob of silicone somewhere inaccessible was grabbing it. Due to the size and weight of the thing I thought I could just keep easing it and it would come off but then it broke. I'm well used to fighting to get silicone things out of position and know when I'm beaten and tell the customer the choice is deliberate breakage or no dice. But this one got the better of me

It's old, unusual and cream coloured to match the bathroom

Re: Post topic.

Yes, I have.
None have been directly my fault though.

1. broken waste pipe between ground and first floor.
- apparently I installed a broken / sheared waste pipe during the house build.
2. screw through cold water pipe.
- apparently I installed a water pipe that was in the way of cabinet makers fixing point.
3. Radiator leak.
- apparently I over tightened the valve tail into the panel to cause the radiator connection to split.

There are the 3 in the last 12 months.
I've had the biggest stouch with my insurance company over these claims. None are my fault directly, but my insurance company has paid out on the claims.

I just hope I can get insurance elsewhere, because my current insurer will most certainly put my premium up due to these claims

Think i would have covered myself on that one bud and put it in writing that because of its age and its fixing there is a possibility it could break , if you break something by dropping something on it then thats different but we all get em bud just had a ceiling leak on a lever valve fitted in september was all ok when i left it pipework bracketed up and tested and lagged couldnt make it out only needed a turn on the nut to solve it but soaked a section of ceiling Hoping i can save it removed the insulation put a dehumidifier in there to dry it out but will need decorating at my cost grrrr. Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone made multiple claims on insurance in short period? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock