Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know what this may be? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy marstons

This tap and thermometer was found under the floor covering in a catering kitchen as the floor was un-level thought to be a hidden manhole just needing the cover changing but not that simple.
would anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• 20170227_151359.jpg
    20170227_151359.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 20170227_153810.jpg
    20170227_153810.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 76
Third one for a grease trap.
Temp gauge is so the grease s cool enough to set.

Never cleaned one , but can only imagine what it looks like inside!

Third one for a grease trap.
Temp gauge is so the grease s cool enough to set.

Never cleaned one , but can only imagine what it looks like inside!

I will fourth it,
oh what happy memories I have cleaning them out in McD's, my first was at Harlesden, 4 foot deep of solid grease with just an inch gap at the bottom which the hot water kept open. dug it out in blocks & it took hours.

My favourite was when they did the McRib with that BBQ sauce, mix it with the rotten pickles & onions and it is a smell never to be forgotten, as I say happy days.

Twist that handle Andy and lift that lid on a world of happiness to see what real Plumbers have to do.

As above really except mine was all coffee shops and pumps in tanks, lift the lid and the shop was empty in minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone know what this may be? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I need to open this manhole / drain inspection cover but not sure what type of key is needed. Does anyone know? Photo is of the 'keyhole' There are no other features on the cover (concrete) except for some unreadable letters.
Replies
Views
Hi, would anyone like to hazard a guess at what's causing this problem on the ground floor of our house? As you can see, the bottom of both sides of the door frame are wet. The doorway is nowhere near any windows and is positioned pretty much in the centre of the house. Could this be water...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all I am not a professional, however I am a handy bugger I think. After the conversion of a garage to an actual internal room, there is now an external unsealed manhole cover in the centre of the room, around 4 inches below the new floor level. It is approx 750 x 500 in size. The cover...
Replies
Views
Bradley Basford
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock