Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone heard of NUS ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i know...National Union of Students...what av they to do wi plumbing ???

Same here for PL area,! that covers most of Devon, chap call'd Ian Jackson ? Think they used a differant name last time, Problem is with lack of work in this area some poor sod will fall for it and part with is cash. They have been trying this area for at least 4 to 5 years first came accross them on Gumtree, but never come accross any-one who as took up there offer.

Yeah thats right , i'm in the pl area and thats who sent the email ian jackson , just sent a very curt reply back . like you say as competative as it is down here some poor plumber will get sucked into it!!!

Had the same email and several others my delete button is nearly worn out

Quite funny, the ********s e- mailed me today with their "We don't hand out contracts willy nilly" ........guff

At the top was a list of about 400 plumbers they were offering an "exclusive" contract to in the DH area that they had accidentally left on top of the e-mail. :cool4::cool4:

Just replied to their e- mail.....

You are a bit of a ---- Kenny, leaving the list of other people you are trying to con on top of your e- mail.

NUS is run from a ------- PO box, not some national conpany.

Stop spamming me or I will complain to trading standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried, but Orange account couldn't send that many.... it's the one I use just for giving out to anyone, so attracts a lot of rubbish, a bit inept on the computer.

Hello I found this forum while checking up on Nus, I was first surprised that a thread on it was higher in a google search than a national company, and interested in what been put here.

I also received a tender to contract in my area, filled in the form and got a speedy phone call the next morning from someone asking all the expected questions and all seemed legitimate to me.

Was confirmed I was throgh the first process and was sent a contract, normal plain contract like I've seen many times before, your welcome to see it. Now iv worked for large housing association and know that paying is not unusual, but will be surprised and suspicious if awarded it without them wanting to meet me face to face, usually where I was wouldn't be managers if long distance from head office but at least a local contractor they already had on books to just give them any paperwork and meet gree (spy).

Now iv read this I'm obviously dubious of a company so called national set up within 2 years and not saying anything about bathroom guy being fake but why not ask his new buddies about it and tell us, or at least say who he's worked for other than website ones, he'll I sent them my 2 largest contract details, and my last 5 most recent customers to use as references, I and especially a large company should be happy to let you ring a customer and talk to them about them.

So you may have saved me £2100, thank you for that, I will see the process throgh and make mind up before paying but doubtfull. Was surprised the contract time the most all ours were month minimum time to check throgh, ring references and met before decision. nus emaild tue, replied thur, rang me fri, said deciding mon!

Oh did notice they have my favourite boiler company on there website so will ring rep monday and see what he/they have to say about them.

Never had an E-mail off them, but two days ago I had a text message off them offering the same contract in the BB area. Bothered me how they got my number because I don't advertise anymore but they had that and my business name. The only thing I have done this last week is renew my PL insurance so have had a few quotes and filled in a few websites, can only presume my details have been sold to them by an insurance company ????

image003.jpg@01CCE58E.D175B250

Good Afternoon Danial,

Further to our conversations over the past few days with regards to the gas maintenance contract, we are now looking to implement the final shortlist for a formal decision to be made this coming Monday the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] of March.[SUP][/SUP]

I understand the contract was sent down to yourself on [email protected] via our Echo-Sign system and I hope you have managed to take the time to look through this in detail.

All I would ask at this stage is that you come back to me before the close of play Tomorrow (Sunday the 13th March) with a decision on whether you would like to be considered for the contract and placed on the final shortlist or not.

At this stage, all questions and queries will be answered before your Company is implemented onto the shortlist.

I can be reached by email or telephone up until 19.00 pm Tonight and up until 17.00pm on Sundayon any of the below details.

I look forward to speaking with you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Ian Jackson
Business Manager
NUS LTD
01563 529 909
Email- [email protected]
Web – www.nusltd.com

Please think of the environment and only print the contents of this e-mail if you really need to.

This e-mail is issued by the NUS LTD. The contents of this e-mail are confidential and will have no contractual effect unless it is otherwise agreed between the NUS LTD and the recipient.

If you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee), please notify the originator immediately by return message and destroy the original message. This message and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the NUS LTD network. However, the NUS LTD does not guarantee the security of this message and will not be responsible for any damages arising as a result of any virus being passed on or arising from any alteration of this message by a third party. The NUS LTD may monitor emails sent to and from the NUS LTD network.

Seriously what manager do you know who would answer on a Sunday!

Had the Email again today! (Fifth or sixth time now!) Are there any GENUINE people on here that has actually done any work for this bunch?

Last edited:
They rang me today to ask why I declined the contract and if there was anything they could do, I said your business dident pan out and he hung up on me! Definitely a scam, who wouldn't defend there business

Didn't think so. Any genuine firm would be happy taking a commission from each job. Really hope no-one falls for it. Lot of people starting up not as cynical as I've gotten!

Phoned Sheffield trading standards yesterday to see if these clowns have popped up on their radar. Bloke said nothing on their database, no complaints or owt but as they've now done a search it will be flagged if anyone does get stung.

I notice on their website it says "oppertunities"

Really professional looking, eh?

has anyone had any dealings with service magic keep getting e mails asking me to buy leads cos i slipped up and made a genral enquiry because the advert looked good and i had no work on at the time not sure how many they sell the lead to or if its even worth bothering because the custmers might just play the plumbers off on prices so you end up paying to do a job for next to nothing think i have just answered my own question but just on the off chance it works has anyone got any better ideas

don't join. you pay a lot for lead and 5 tradesmen can get customers details, not like rated people who gives 3, so similar carp. i had a call from service magic asking for some deposit etc.

Out of curiosity, just after I joined GSR (not in search yet) I had a call from some guy calling on behalf of some charity asking me to join their magazine with promising of advertising etc. So to me it seems like somebody in GSR is selling details.

Last edited:
Like someone once said to me the only job you should pay for is a b**w job.

Hi had them a while back and no looki what was in my in box today...
Appogies in advance for the lenth of it...

Dear Sir/ Madam
I have been asked to speak to Companies in the area with a view to implementing someone suitable to look after a number of tenanted properties on behalf of our clients. These are located in and around the N postal code area. This is in relevance to the ongoing gas works and subsequent maintenance requirements over the next 24 months.
For the last 2 or 3 weeks I have been in contact with a number of engineers and we are slowly compiling our shortlist of interested parties. If the below Contract sounds like something that could benefit your company and/or you would like some further information, then please do not hesitate to get back in touch. All the information is detailed below, if you could read through it carefully and get in touch that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Drew Lewis

Contract Ref 131081
Postcode area (N) London
Duration 2 Years (24months)
REMINDER

What we are
NUS Ltd are fast becoming the UK's Leading expert in Facility Management for a wide range of National corporate blue chip Clients, we offer our clients a wide range of services ranging from full property Maintenance to IT to even getting a property Valued for sale or rent so we make it effortless for our clients to get the work done to the high standards they expect.
The Clients
The Clients we hold contracts with are some of the largest in the UK with our company working with Banking Groups, Insurance Companies, Student Accommodation and Construction Companies to name a few.
What We Want.
NUS Ltd are looking for a gas safe registered Engineer/Company in the N area to cover a work load of 477 Properties incorporated in to your diary over the 2 year period of this domestic Contract.
What you will be asked to do.
If you were selected for this contract NUS Ltd would require you to be able to cover -
Landlord Safety Certificate (CP12) As required on a yearly basis within rental properties will also provide a Service at the same time.
Breakdown/Repairs Covering all breakdowns and repairs with in Properties.
Callouts Providing a 24hrs Response time to our clients (not 24hrs)(optional)
Plumbing Covering all Plumbing work within properties
Installations Services - Bathroom Install (Optional), Boiler Installs.
Prices for work will be explained to company.
Payment Terms
NUS Ltd work to a strictly 30 day payment terms Paid directly in to the Contractors Account.

Please click this link to view our testimonials by contractors who are currently working on such contracts.

Audit

The Contract will be based on a 24 Month Period and there will be an audit done every 3 months on 3.5% of the work. This is something that our clients have requested that we are required to do as part of the agreement we have in place. As you will probably imagine, this in turn also makes sure all service levels are being met and ensure all relevant feedback is being given to all parties involved.

Contracts Fee

The N Postal Code area contract is completely free to apply for and there is absolutely no fee required in order to find out more information or to be considered for the contract.
The Contractors Fee is in place as we no longer take any commission from our Contractors for any work that is issued out and completed throughout the duration of this contract. This is due to previous experiences when running similar contracts within the UK.
In the past we have found by only working on a commission basis, there is no firm level of commitment in place, resulting in the level of service we were receiving and the reliability of the Engineer to be much lower than what both ourselves and our Clients would expect.
By stopping the commission structure and implementing the Contractors Fee at the start of the contract, we have now established that the commitment levels between ourselves and our Contractors have drastically improved resulting in better workmanship and a better all round services being offered to our clients.
Also from a completely selfish point of view, we have to ensure we are attracting the best possible Companies to these contracts and removing the timewasters from the process from day one.
The Contractors Fee for the N postal code area is a one off fee of £1823+VAT.
This is only made payable for the contract if you were to be the selected Company and implemented for the contract. This would be paid on commencement of the contract only, there are no more financial obligations throughout the duration of the contract.
If you feel that you are the right company or engineer for this contract and can deliver the service requirements for our National Clients and would like to find out more regarding the Contract opportunity then please either fill in the Vendors form by clicking the link provided and a member of the team will contact you back and cover all you enquiries and explain the types of work and the areas in question that you will be covering.

If you feel this contract is for you please fill out the vendors application form as Linked Contractors Vendor form online or call me Drew Lewis on 01563 525 992.

Look up the first one on gas safe webesite.............. only 1 engineer on there! but according to the testimonial

Testimonials

I***************e Ltd, Manchester (L** *****l): Gas Safe: 5*****

I have been working with NUS Ltd since August 2011 and our working relationship has grown from strength to strength. My Company offers a full General Maintenance package ranging from basic plumbing right through to full electrical installs and I have been receiving all types of work from this contract from day one.

When I started with NUS, I only had 10 Engineers employed directly but over the past few months with the workload I have been provided from this contract, I now employ 27 Engineers from various sectors to cover the work from NUS and my own personal contracts and to date it has been a great business decision to accept the contract offer from NUS.

The initial fee that I had to pay when awarded the contract was made back and more within the first month of taking on the contract and I have never looked back from the day I was awarded the contract.

I would recommend NUS Ltd to any other Company that is looking for a consistent level of work and the opportunity to grow their Business.
[h=1][/h]

thanks for the advice about service magic thought as much but you have confirmed my doubts and yes i had a similar call from a magazine shortly after joining gas safe but was then as now skint so couldnt do it anyway advertised in my local paper but their was 27 other plumbers advertising the same week so that was a waste of time and money the most success i have had was having two thousand flyers printed at a cost of 45 quid and going door to door posting them myself hard work but it paid off got a good few jobs from it and the people i worked for passed on my number to friends and neighbour s and things slowly got going but still have more days with no work than i would like but i am sure that is true for most of us not sure if it was gas safe who passed on my details to the magazine though because anyone can look on the internet to check if people are really gas safe registered and as advertisers are struggling just like the rest of us they could have got our details that was cheers and good luck

NUS Ltd are looking for a gas safe registered Engineer/Company in the N area to cover a work load of 477 Properties incorporated in to your diary over the 2 year period.

I am well jealous, you were offered a better deal than me..:laugh3:

NUS Ltd are looking for a gas safe registered Engineer/Company in the NG area to cover a work load of 465 Properties incorporated in to your diary over the 2 year period of this domestic Contract.
The
Contractors Fee for the Nottingham area is a one off fee of £1830+VAT.

I like how it said;

The N Postal Code area contract is completely free to apply for and there is absolutely no fee required in order to find out more information or to be considered for the contract.

but the went on to say;

So its "free" to apply but costs £1823 + VAT is your given the contract. How many people do you think they turn down? lol

I've had the same email for IM postcode. My fee would be £1813+VAT. That is cheaper than for the N postcode which proves it's a scam because everything is alot dearer on the Isle of Man than in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone heard of NUS ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock