Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone good with exploded diagrams? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Or fixed a Bristan 1901 concealed shower before?

Apols for long-winded post...

Drips from head. Bloke has the thermostatic cartridge but from limited info I can find online it appears this may be unlikely to solve this (as an aside: I guess some showers have a combined thermostatic AND on-off cartridge in one - and othes have separate parts for these functions?)

However he also had these other parts he said were filters the last person to service/fix didn't fit. I photographed them and after googling around it looks like they are actually "Flow Control Valves" - which sounds more like it?

Not sure from diagram how they'd be fitted though and can't find any conclusive info that they will solve issue anyway.

Either way this is the exploded diagram (hovering over it zooms in)

https://www.showerdoc.com/bristan-1901-thermostatic-surface-mo

This is a photo of the parts he has

n6w5ya.jpg

And these are the flow regulators the appear to be which look like they need a fat hex key to remove. He said he bought an expensive key in order just to take the shroud/facia plate off. Good old Bristan!

Bristan Shower Flow Control Valve - 00621146 | BRIST-00621146

So questions are:

1) Do I need to change the two flow regulators to stop shower dripping from head?
2)Do they fit in the 2 holes pictured on either side of the shower valve body either side of the main central hole which takes the thermo cartridge?

It looks like it's sat behind a million twiddly fiddly easy to break probably discontinued bits. I hate this kind of stuff. Good job I don't fix boilers I guess

Thanks

This is a very easy valve to work on.
All you need to do is:
1. Remove temperature control handle.
2. Remove flow control handle by removing two screws securing it to the flow control ring.
3. Remove flow control ring by removing 36mm nut, grips are fine for this.
4. Remove hot and cold filter assy's. These look difficult to remove but are not. Bristan supplied a special tool which is still available for less than £10.00 but I use an old pair of circlip pliers which fit into the two holes of the filter and then use a shifting spanner to turn the circlip pliers and remove the filter. H&C filters are different so don't mix them up.
5. Behind the filters are the valves your customer has purchased, think it 12mm Allen Key but haven't checked. Remove and replace these.
6. Replace all parts previously removed.
Job only takes 20 minutes including drinking a cup of coffee!
Hope this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone good with exploded diagrams? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock