Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone familar with Worcester 4&# in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
Dear all,

Trying to install a Worcester 440CDI floor standing boiler. Never installed this one before. Read the manual carefully before start. The wiring looks similar with other Worcesters. However when i tried to commission it only hot water is working. If i turned on the programmer the central heating looks not working at all. Check the voltage in Lr, it is 230v. Should be ok.

I read the manual again and again, tried again and again. But no luck. Have i missed anything? Cannot phone Worcester because today is Saturday. The tenants complained bloody cold.

Any help will be appreciated indeed.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Anyone familar with Worcester &#6530

is it a heat store? heat store may need to warm up first before it fires for ch

What timer have you fitted? And what have you wired to where? What links have you removed etc?

Hi APPlumbing,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes it has a small storage. I thought it was only for hot water. Does it also works for central heating as well? Ifound it is bit different with other boilers.

The programmer is Drayton LP112 (Mk4) Programmer. Still the old one which still working. I tested the voltages sent to boiler Lr, looks it is 230volts.

I did removed a link which was connecting Lr and Ls. I think it should be fine.

Cheers

sorry forgot to mention, the water is quit hot after about 20 minutes, but central heating never got hot

Re: Anyone familar with Worcester &#

Hi APPlumbing,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes it has a small storage. I thought it was only for hot water. Does it also works for central heating as well? Ifound it is bit different with other boilers.

The programmer is Drayton LP112 (Mk4) Programmer. Still the old one which still working. I tested the voltages sent to boiler Lr, looks it is 230volts.

I did removed a link which was connecting Lr and Ls. I think it should be fine.

Cheers
where have you take your control wires for the clock? lr and ls which had the link normally your live in live out would go here,try refitting the link

where have you take your control wires for the clock? lr and ls which had the link normally your live in live out would go here,try refitting the link
Hi gas man, if I relink lr and ls, where shall i connect the live from clock to? I must confess i am not a worcester man, i normall install vaillant boiler

thanks a lot

is lr and ls normally looped? is this the roomstat connection (or external control)

is lr and ls normally looped? is this the roomstat connection (or external control)

Hi gas man, i have not connected room thermostat, i only use the Drayton programmer. Ls and Ns connect to programmer L, N, then connect Lr to programmer heating on, is this correct?

If you have 240v at lr heating should be on. If the heating stat on the boiler is turned up amd you have 240v at lr the booler has a fault. Could try it on chimney sweep, hold bottom left button fpr 10 seconds, it should fire on full burner on heating.

Is the boiler doing anything at all qith 240 at lr?

Did you take a link out when you were wiring it?

Did you take a link out when you were wiring it?

Cannot remember exactly where the link from. It dropped when i tried to wire ls and lr. So think that was between them

If you have 240v at lr heating should be on. If the heating stat on the boiler is turned up amd you have 240v at lr the booler has a fault. Could try it on chimney sweep, hold bottom left button fpr 10 seconds, it should fire on full burner on heating.

Is the boiler doing anything at all qith 240 at lr?

Sounds the pump and fan working...

As above, have you got live to lr? The link was from ls to lr.

Link L to terminal 1 on yer LP112 and learn to read a wiring diagram

I'd be calling Worcester

Daft question... is the heating stat on the boiler turned up?

Yes, if i turn on programmer, 230 volts on lr

As above,you need to call in Worcester.

If there's 240 at lr on the st10. Either the boilers in summer mode, or its fubard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone familar with Worcester 4&# in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock