Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone experienced the new GCS system yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezygeezer

Gas Engineer
Had some BG engineers in recently, BG have chosen to go with the group certification scheme with annual assessments for engineers and no 5 yearly ACS tests etc.

the last 2 engineers with us said no, because apparently if you leave BG and go to another company it would not be suitable to go work for say vaillant or anyone else. does anyone have any experience of this or know anything else about it?

I work for british gas and have just done the GCS found it to be ok similar to the acs apart from all the appliances are done in customers homes which can take up to 3 hours,which my warm air assesment did as obviously it was in a terrible state after been "serviced" properly every year. I was a bit ****ed off at first at being made to do it as i am planning to leave in the next couple of months and was under the impression i would have to take me ACS to get my own registration. But i rang gas safe and they assure me i can just apply for my own card i hope this is the case as i could do without forking out for that straight away! I suppose its identical to the ACS really just that the assesments are staggered over the 5 years and done by bg safety assurance engineers i was told we would be getting an assesment done every year. I think its the way most big companies will go now as there isnt a glut of engineers taken out for 2 weeks at a time as they were at bg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone experienced the new GCS system yet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing system. Plumbing, like most trades, seems to have two main aspects; design and installation. The installation part on my last two projects was painful...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water cylinder, a central heating system (serving 21 radiators) and an orangery built last year (6m x 4m) with underfloor heating. Through running some...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the owner of this boiler is now caught firmly between "not us", "not us" and "not us" - nobody will take responsibility, and just calls into question...
Replies
Views
A
Out Heating system is losing water constantly. I believe it's overflowing from somewhere and is flowing into the waste water funnel and from there straight into the waste pipe. Apart from receiving a very large water bill it's preventing the system from reaching the 50 degrees idol temperature...
Replies
Views
AliMac
A
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock