Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone else get customers like this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Serviced a combi late November, customer says water goes cold and hot but not a major issue. I says the plate to plate is as old as the boiler which is it least 10 years old and needs replacing, I will also provide a quote to that end.
Done the service, got paid sent the quote for new heat exchanger to which didn't a get word in reply.

March 2017

"Umm hello, straight after you serviced the boiler it got much worse and now its not working at all makes a crashing sound. Does your service come with a warranty?"

:banghead::banghead:

Get it all the time mate, do a service and make a recommendation which is declined then weeks later it's my feckin fault when it plays up!!!!

just remind them that you pointed out the problem and solution at the time but they didn't get it done and no services aren't the sort of thing to have a guarantee. if they wanted it doing by "guarantee" they should have mentioned it much sooner than after the coldest part of winter was over!

One thing you will notice about customers that play really dumb, - they will always make a suggestion to you that attempts to benefit them financially, just like with this one. In a word - Selfish.

Any suggestion from customer that previous work caused problem indicates reluctance to pay for necessary repair. When, as in this case, certainly not at fault, I turn it round on the customer and suggest they engage someone else for the repair," in order to restore their confidence in my ability".

I got them too ,

But nor for boiler much more worse.

I installed a macerator last year October, customer phoned me up a week ago and says, you told me you would cover your installation. I was like, yeah that's true I give warranty on my installation. What problem have you got ?
The macerator makes a loud noise and doesn't pump anymore.
Alright, I would come around and will check the macerator. Went out checked and totally blocked up. Bath, basin, toilet and the sink full of water ...

I said I will clean and get rid of the blockage but it won't be for free ... and he thought I would do it all for free and cover his stupidity to chuck a bunch of wet wipes down the toilet instead of using a bin. The whole pump was gone and he had to order a new one ... but the point is asking me to cover his stupidity of blocking the macerator lol , people try everything just not to pay ... cheeky bast...

I got them too ,

But nor for boiler much more worse.

I installed a macerator last year October, customer phoned me up a week ago and says, you told me you would cover your installation. I was like, yeah that's true I give warranty on my installation. What problem have you got ?
The macerator makes a loud noise and doesn't pump anymore.
Alright, I would come around and will check the macerator. Went out checked and totally blocked up. Bath, basin, toilet and the sink full of water ...

I said I will clean and get rid of the blockage but it won't be for free ... and he thought I would do it all for free and cover his stupidity to chuck a bunch of wet wipes down the toilet instead of using a bin. The whole pump was gone and he had to order a new one ... but the point is asking me to cover his stupidity of blocking the macerator lol , people try everything just not to pay ... cheeky bast...

Aren't you on your honeymoon?

Glad it's not just me then,this is my worst one yet followed closely by a geezer who suggested I resilicone the bath pannel he removed to put a tub under the boiler I repaired.

Funny that the big intimidating blokes I think will rip me off end up being good as gold but the overly nice little sneaks then turn sour.

I hate the smart bum professional types who think they are cleverer than plumbers.

Ive got one at the moment.
Complaining of pressure loss and also told me iso's dripping.

Prv is passing and all iso's weeping. Diverter weeping.
Tell him the lot needs doing to sort it.
"Ahh just do the prv"

Told him to find someone else. Bloody hate doing half a job where a callback is inevitable.
Don't need the agro for such a small job.

My favourite is fitting a combi, then afterwards they tell you the faults still there.

" it's losing pressure". Ffs, why didn't you tell me that before I started!?

And my boiler needs a service, and can you look a this fault while your here.

My favourite is fitting a combi, then afterwards they tell you the faults still there.

" it's losing pressure". Ffs, why didn't you tell me that before I started!?

And my boiler needs a service, and can you look a this fault while your here.

I am happy to guarantee the entire hot and cold water and heating system except the boiler. Provided I am able, and paid, to inspect every inch of the pipework and replace any I'm not happy with, replace all brass fittings, replace all pusfit fittings and pipe, overhaul or replace every valve, pressure test radiators and copper tube to 10 bar.

I don't get many take ups.

If I did gas, I would want to renew every internal boiler component, plus the last 5 metres of the gas run in case it's dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone else get customers like this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock