Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone able to help?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baxt3r

Hi all,

Fitting a power shower on a bathroom i'm installing. Connected the surrey flange up and put in an anti gravity loop as it is above the cylinder but now i can not get any hot water up to the shower or even to the taps. When you run a tap it feels like there is no water getting through as it just dribbles.

There is a small leak on the top of the surrey flange which i was going to repair tomorrow but could this be taking out the pressure so theres not enough to push it up?

Really appreciate anyones ideas.

1, you don't need a anti gravity loop with a surrey flange.
2, as for the taps which come from the top of the surrey flange, i would say you have airlock in the horizontal pipe.

use back pressure off a mains tap in bathroom to the hot tap.

Thanks mate,

I'll take the loop off tomorrow, put on in as the instructions said it was needed for an essex flange so thought it wouldn't make a difference by adding it to the surrey flange as well.

you'll find you have air trapped between the top of surrey flange and the bottom of the gravity loop.

when you bring your new pipe off the flange make it so it has a very slight up hill from the flange, so when you power up your shower it will pump any air out of the pipework from the flange.

loop not needed on a surrey as you should of noticed it has a dip tube on it when fitting into cylinder.

Last edited by a moderator:
let us know if you succeed tomorrow

ok-wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone able to help?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock