Search the forum,

Discuss Any Worcester Bosch installers on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worcester must be doing something right if someone is installing 120 a year, if there was something wrong with them no one would do that, maybe you chaps who don't like them are not fitting them correctly that's why they are failing, undersized and working their nuts off, AssuredHeating and SafeGas are sizing their system spot on., my boiler isn't under sized, its on low fire when the systems up to temp. It's only a thought, what really is everybody's problem with WB, lets not be generic about it, what falls off and what fails on a WB, surely all boiler parts fail sometime are you saying WB have more failures, some parts they don't even make, can we get to the bottom of this cause I am intrigued some keep slating WB, is it price really.

I fit WB mainly cos I don't get any call backs and there customer service is as good as john lewis ! I work in London only and customers are happy with there boilers . What more can you ask for !?
I am not making things up or trying to boost there sells , just saying what helps me to build my business .

I fit WB mainly cos I don't get any call backs and there customer service is as good as john lewis ! I work in London only and customers are happy with there boilers . What more can you ask for !?
I am not making things up or trying to boost there sells , just saying what helps me to build my business .
How many of their boilers do you have to fit to become a registered installer stan?

To start 12 before they take you on or have a reasonable customer base and good potential for business grow

Worcester must be doing something right if someone is installing 120 a year, if there was something wrong with them no one would do that, maybe you chaps who don't like them are not fitting them correctly that's why they are failing, undersized and working their nuts off, AssuredHeating and SafeGas are sizing their system spot on., my boiler isn't under sized, its on low fire when the systems up to temp. It's only a thought, what really is everybody's problem with WB, lets not be generic about it, what falls off and what fails on a WB, surely all boiler parts fail sometime are you saying WB have more failures, some parts they don't even make, can we get to the bottom of this cause I am intrigued some keep slating WB, is it price really.

Im definately not fitting them correctly, I don't fit them. Because I don't like the way you have to fit so many to get a decent warranty. If the Cust wants a Worcestor they'll just choose the guy with the most warranty.
I,ve never liked the way they put them together, some of them are pigs to get to bits. Diverters at the back or behind plate hex,s or above the electronics!
"because were not fitting them right" cheeky git.

Leo,

You missed off the OLD "Cheeky old git" I knew someone would have a pop at an old engineer. It will be interesting to see if other lads have the same slant on it as you, warranty tied up to numbers you buy, bit strange company policy that, BTW I did say fitting them under size and working their nuts off, I am certain if you are GSR you will fit them to the WB installation guide and to your good practices, I have no doubt of that Leo.

BTW I spoke to John Guest engineer once about a project I had to go and look at with leaks on their push-fit fitting, he said they don't
make faulty fitting, they are just installed incorrectly

Leo,

You missed off the OLD "Cheeky old git" I knew someone would have a pop at an old engineer. It will be interesting to see if other lads have the same slant on it as you, warranty tied up to numbers you buy, bit strange company policy that, BTW I did say fitting them under size and working their nuts off, I am certain if you are GSR you will fit them to the WB installation guide and to your good practices, I have no doubt of that Leo.

Cracking response. You old git:)

Leo,

I am Ugly too which is a bonus when your eyesight is going, but I'll bet I could still hang a boiler on the wall it would be straight and level and I would be allow to do that!! Buy it from B&Q....:asshole:

the extra price you pay for them covers the engineer in every town . not te best boiler but he aftr sales service I good but you pay for that when you buy one.

the extra price you pay for them covers the engineer in every town . not te best boiler but he aftr sales service I good but you pay for that when you buy one.

And I thought I knew you Anthony. How could you, with Worcestors off all things!

Leo,

I can't get my head around the Worcester policy, the more boilers you install the better the warranty deal for the client, how does that accurately work or have I got the wrong end of the stick.

Buckley, how much more do you pay for a WB over and above any other boiler.

I know that the custards don't think of it this way if a boiler had to be replaced every three years it would still be cheap, if you change your car every three years they always want about £8000.00 off you for the swap.

Leo,

I can't get my head around the Worcester policy, the more boilers you install the better the warranty deal for the client, how does that accurately work or have I got the wrong end of the stick.

Buckley, how much more do you pay for a WB over and above any other boiler.

I know that the custards don't think of it this way if a boiler had to be replaced every three years it would still be cheap, if you change your car every three years they always want about £8000.00 off you for the swap.

think the Worcester junior is about £180 more than baxi and the cdi £300 more

Heat team have 6 or 7 engineers for every Worcester !

If they are so bad how the hell do they manage to sell any, are the chaps on here who are installing them got their heads
in the clouds. Maybe that's why they are selling them in B&Q now, can't sell them to the trade.

No it's because they guarantee if you call them before 10am they will aim to reach you before 7pm that day....... Worcester ....... Yes we will be there on Friday next week between 8 and 5 and we will need a £360.00 deposit.

No it's because they guarantee if you call them before 10am they will aim to reach you before 7pm that day....... Worcester ....... Yes we will be there on Friday next week between 8 and 5 and we will need a £360.00 deposit.

They will get there, take the case off the boiler, pretend they have taken a water sample and say the system wasn't cleaned and the warranty is now void. They then repeat this throughout the day.

Have WB seen this forum, not that it would worry them I am sure, our views on here are not a true representation of the UK domestic heating industry.

I wonder what Ray Stafford thinks he's got to be the expert on this one

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never had that with worcester. If it's gone down then their out really quick most of. The time next day latest. If it's working still then you have to wait a bit but that's understandable. That could be down to the company fitting hundreds a year.

As for the guarantee they reward installers who fit their boilers regularly so if you are worcester accredited they help you. Great business sense.

I'm not a massive worcester fan I would rather see a Vaillant on the wall but their aftercare and sales are the best in the business. How many times do you spend 20 mins on hold to there tech line? I'm usually through within a minute. It's a free phone number. Yes the parts are plastic but that keeps costs down. My only 1 gripe is the design on most Worcesters going back years is poor and could be a lot better.

I don't personally like any f&£!&g boilers or plumbing AT ALL , just the money I earn from it

Safe,

I was like you when I was young, I wanted to be a brain surgeon, my mum said " your not!!! , you'll get a proper job, be a plumber" and here I am with you motley lot.... Jeez if only she had listened to me.:boat: Safe, I think you are having us on, you love been in the trenches with the lads, having said that I think your photo does have a smack of someone who is going places, a cut above the rest, having said that I don't know any plumbing friends who are rolling in it, money I mean!!!

BTW if you don't smell like a plumber when you get home at night your not a real plumber...heeeee :wub: you have a miserable day Gas.

Tony

Safe,

I was like you when I was young, I wanted to be a brain surgeon, my mum said " your not!!! , you'll get a proper job, be a plumber" and here I am with you motley lot.... Jeez if only she had listened to me.:boat: Safe, I think you are having us on, you love been in the trenches with the lads, having said that I think your photo does have a smack of someone who is going places, a cut above the rest, having said that I don't know any plumbing friends who are rolling in it, money I mean!!!

BTW if you don't smell like a plumber when you get home at night your not a real plumber...heeeee :wub: you have a miserable day Gas.

Tony

I often wish I'd listened to my mother...........

Alright guys . I dont mind the worcesters . Fit all kinds and tbo prefer them. But i also like the valliants aswell and baxi. There is only makes that i dislike i.e ferroli ravenheat and alpha. There are a lot if makes i havent had the pleasure of working with like viessman. But on a whole i really like the worcesters. I hope im not setting myself up for abuse. ( ermi). Ive just put my chainmail on incase

Alright guys . I dont mind the worcesters . Fit all kinds and tbo prefer them. But i also like the valliants aswell and baxi. There is only makes that i dislike i.e ferroli ravenheat and alpha. There are a lot if makes i havent had the pleasure of working with like viessman. But on a whole i really like the worcesters. I hope im not setting myself up for abuse. ( ermi). Ive just put my chainmail on incase

I can't promise you wont get any abuse, what about room temperature control, what do you do there, I love marsbars and milkyway you can eat them between meals and not spoil your appetite, another load of old tosh. Kris you are far enough up North not to worry any of us. And what makes you think that Ermi would ever pick on a Scot, he nearly is one.

I was just kidding happy. Usually room control i use the dt10 rf wireless on combi and the same with the system boilers i use the wireless programmable room stat. But have to use diverter instead of motorised.

I just use a fire spring for thermal control - Geordies have the hottest houses ever. Does the room stat go up to 45c?

Areet ermi 32°

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any Worcester Bosch installers on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock