Search the forum,

Discuss Any ideas for a fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

assegayer

20161119_174239.jpg

I have a leak coming from two pipes that were done by a so called plumber now its causing problems with the neighbours could anyone suggest to me a part to fix it. I was thinking of some sort of adapter that i could fit on. If you able to tell me the size of the pipes anr adapter or whatever solution that would great thanks.Pic attached above

Thanks in advance

Has that back to wall pan been cut ? Lol and a bent pan connector should sort you out

but not an easy job

might be best to find a different plumber

I suspect the white pipe is a bent (90degree) pan connector which is too short.
The end is probably only just in the soil pipe, it should have a rubber seal on it, like the below;

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p37429

Looks like the grey goes under the bath?

If it's into a pushfit socket it may be possible to pull it out and fit a slightly longer piece and a the same time fit a seal onto the pan connector.

Otherwise it's the WC pan out and a longer tailed 90 degree pan connector.
Or an extension, but will still need another seal for the existing pan connector;

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-...nsion.html?id=82&wc_connector_type=267&cat=82

If the pan has been cut, it's strange that whoever did it had the skill to do that yet not the skill to make the connection watertight.

Last edited:
I suspect the white pipe is a bent (90degree) pan connector which is too short.
The end is probably only just in the soil pipe, it should have a rubber seal on it, like the below;

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p37429

Looks like the grey goes under the bath?

If it's into a pushfit socket it may be possible to pull it out and fit a slightly longer piece and a the same time fit a seal onto the pan connector.

Otherwise it's the WC pan out and a longer tailed 90 degree pan connector.
Or an extension, but will still need another seal for the existing pan connector;

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-...nsion.html?id=82&wc_connector_type=267&cat=82

If the pan has been cut, it's strange that whoever did it had the skill to do that yet not the skill to make the connection watertight.

Thank you for the in depth explanation really appreciated. What size do you reckon the grey pipe is out of curiosity?

JOB DONE!!!! thanks all for help turned out pipe was to short and the seal was ****. Extended it and added new seal.

20161120_141914.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any ideas for a fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock