Search the forum,

Discuss Any idea what is wrong with my boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks,

Before I call out a engineer, I wanted to get an idea of what is wrong with my boiler so that I have rough estimate of the costs that will be involved.

The boiler is a Biasi m90f 24s, and apart from this problem, it seems to work fine.

The issue I'm having is that sometimes the boiler is not igniting. It makes all the same sounds that it would normally make when the flame is going but occasionally it doesn't fire up and just continues to make the usual noises as if the flame were going and what I think it is fan or something, sounds like air moving which only occurs when it is working with the flame going. If I turn the boiler off and on via the control panel or turn on the hot water, it fires back up as normal and will continue to work for sometimes days at a time but every so often, the radiators are cold, I check the boiler and although it sounds likes it's burning, the green light is flashing much quicker than normal and there is no flame.

Any ideas what could be wrong with it?

Age of the boiler ?

I know it's not something you like to hear but do you have the budget to change the boiler ?

I only say this as it's a low end boiler and tbh they normally only last around 6 years

Oh no, not what I wanted to hear. That's a shame, I was hoping it could be repaired as it does work ok 90% of time.

Thanks for the advice though!

Leanne , it can be repaired but what you want to be putting money into a low end ( sorry ) boiler . We cant give out gas advice on here but ask your friends etc to see if you can find a local gas safe engineer .

I just thought if it can be repaired that would cheaper for me than a replacement as I'm not very wealthy as you tell from my choice of boiler, lol. I thought it might be something small as it does still operate perfect 90% of the time so it can't be too serious but I'm also clueless about boilers :(

I just wanted to get an idea of what it might be so I don't get the wool pulled over my eyes, like car mechanics have done to me in the past.

I don't think I know anyone who knows a gas safe engineer but I will ask around or I might beg my Dad for a loan so I can buy a new one :oops:

Thanks for advice though, much appreciated :)

Could be something simple like needs new electrodes or igniter I would be looking to fix it first. Went to a job last night where the previous engineer said 'new boiler' just wanted a new hw thermistor costs about ÂŁ12 for the part. Just be careful.

Thanks very much, that's what I was hoping. I don't want to replace it unless it's essential. If it's economical to repair, I'll get that done. Fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone for the advice.

After some consideration, I think my best bet is to get a new boiler when this one breaks. I can start saving now and put the repair costs for this boiler towards the new one instead.

In the meantime, I can continue as I have been, it's not a big issue as I don't have the heating on when I'm out, it only occasionally goes off and only takes a quick push of button to get it fired up again.

Good afternoon folks,

Before I call out a engineer, I wanted to get an idea of what is wrong with my boiler so that I have rough estimate of the costs that will be involved.

The boiler is a Biasi m90f 24s, and apart from this problem, it seems to work fine.

The issue I'm having is that sometimes the boiler is not igniting. It makes all the same sounds that it would normally make when the flame is going but occasionally it doesn't fire up and just continues to make the usual noises as if the flame were going and what I think it is fan or something, sounds like air moving which only occurs when it is working with the flame going. If I turn the boiler off and on via the control panel or turn on the hot water, it fires back up as normal and will continue to work for sometimes days at a time but every so often, the radiators are cold, I check the boiler and although it sounds likes it's burning, the green light is flashing much quicker than normal and there is no flame.

Any ideas what could be wrong with it?

This could be a number of things

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly he is, punching the side of the boiler is the first thing they teach you at CORGI school :D

(This was basically suggested before a Mod edited his post)

I do appreciate the effort though and it made me chuckle but I won't be trying that :p

Clearly he is, punching the side of the boiler is the first thing they teach you at CORGI school :D

(This was basically suggested before a Mod edited his post)

I do appreciate the effort though and it made me chuckle but I won't be trying that :p
Yes but the training involves learning just how hard to punch the boiler, that takes years of experience to get it right, :D

Yes but the training involves learning just how hard to punch the boiler, that takes years of experience to get it right, :D
Haha ,that is very true ..you have to have what's known as the Nack
It just takes that little nudge to wake up Mr pressure switch ..PS I'm not a gas engineer ,but iv known gas safe engineers to do this as confirmation to a faulty (sticky ) switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any idea what is wrong with my boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock