Search the forum,

Discuss Anton Evo 3 Boiler Efficiency in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ed2020

Hi,

This may well be a stupid question (trainee gas engineer so I have many of them)!

I have just purchased an Anton Evo 3 flue gas analyser and am getting to grips with its various functions. I don't quite understand some of the readings I'm seeing for efficiency. There are three readings I can toggle through: Gross Efficiency, Net Efficiency and Net Efficiency HE.

Am I correct in saying the first two should be used for non-condensing boilers and the last one should be used on newer condensing boilers?

I've just tried the device on my boiler (a Baxi condensing boiler) and tried toggling between the three efficiency readings. The two net efficiency readings were in the nineties but the gross efficiency was down in the eighties. Why is gross efficiency lower than net?

My training has covered CO/CO2 ratios, COppm but we haven't talked about boiler efficiency readings on FGAs.

Thanks,

Ed.

First thing to know is that they aren't boiler efficiency readings, they're combustion efficiency readings. A 40 year old cast iron floor standing boiler can still give you an efficiency reading of 85% on your analyser even though the boiler efficiency might be only 60%, for example.

You're measuring the percentage of complete combustion, effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anton Evo 3 Boiler Efficiency in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock