Search the forum,

Discuss Another rant about the incompitant MCS debarcle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Firstly I would like to say that I am proudly not MCS accredited nor will I ever be, but yup my loophole is still open and yup I am still signing off installations.

Having said that I am finding it increasingly more difficult to get through to the MCS helpline to the point where I have now been trying to speak to them for the last two weeks, clearly because all the PV installers are trying to get all the sign offs sorted before the 12 of december deadline they are now completely over run.
Gemserve who are supposedly administering the MCS are inside the same building as the MCS, are of no use what so ever.
Why is it that an organisation such as the MCS only appears to have one phone line for both installers and consumers, when you contact other bodies such as NICEIC, Gas Safe, Corgi they would I imagine that they handle many more enquires everyday but manage.

So has any one else had problems with the MCS

Ive got a problem with the whole scenario unguided1. Why do we need MCS anymore? Solar PV is dead, RHI is up in the air for domestic installations and the Green Deal doesnt appear to be a deal (unless you are one of the big six).
When introduced they said that this would bring a wave of new business for everyone but to be honest Ive not even seen a drip!
Now we have some training organisation preparing "new" qualifications required to carry out work under the Green Deal scheme? erm.. no thanks I think Ill keep my registration fees, REA membership fee and invest in something to make my gas installing business more worthwhile. Renewable industry for the Local installer is dead as far as I'm concerned, they have effectively killed the market by loading us with new expensive burdens.

The only people who are making money out of greendeal is eaga/ Carillion PLC who the government appear to have appointed as the company who are administering it. considering the money being poured into the grants and the number of constant complaints being heard rumbelling through the industry it just goes to prove the governments incompitance at delivering value with tax payers money, would be very interesting to know who runs these sort of companies, a bit like looking at the people who run the MCS steering group, all for self benefit

Ive got a problem with the whole scenario unguided1. Why do we need MCS anymore? Solar PV is dead, RHI is up in the air for domestic installations and the Green Deal doesnt appear to be a deal (unless you are one of the big six).
When introduced they said that this would bring a wave of new business for everyone but to be honest Ive not even seen a drip!
Now we have some training organisation preparing "new" qualifications required to carry out work under the Green Deal scheme? erm.. no thanks I think Ill keep my registration fees, REA membership fee and invest in something to make my gas installing business more worthwhile. Renewable industry for the Local installer is dead as far as I'm concerned, they have effectively killed the market by loading us with new expensive burdens.

what is your loophole? How do you still get your customers the grants or FIT's?
Just interested why you think MCS is so meaningless as it is something which I plan to work towards next year.

I'm aware that mcs will not be required once the grants stop but do you still see a future for renewables for domestic households?

Now if he told you that, everyone would be doing it. Everyone to their own thing.
As for the future for renewables. IMO without government subsistence renewables are for the save the planets and the rich. Too expensive for the common 5/8.

Mcs is essential after grants as you can't get tariffs without having it installed by mcs company

Just interested why you think MCS is so meaningless as it is something which I plan to work towards next year.

I'm aware that mcs will not be required once the grants stop but do you still see a future for renewables for domestic households?

The "loophole" I dont think unguided will divulge on an open forum!

Yea I didn't expect he would tell, totally understandable, just thought I'd ask on the off chance as otherwise I don't understand what the rant is about.

To be honest there are plenty of good honest cheap heatpumps out there that are not MCS accredited and provided that an installer is realistic in the price that they charge for an install I would say that you have no need of the MCS at all, the MCS is just a massive con by the government to get installers into more expensive trainning and to get rid of small business, if you look into the latest edition of MIS3005 you need a degree in bull.... and double dutch to get through it.
The customers are offered a carrott of this RHI which still hasnt appeared yet they pay extortionate prices for equipment and installs, when I look at many installs they are clearly not fit for purpose
I would honestly say that if someone actually properly researched some of the cheap non accredited heatpumps on the market they could be getting good value for money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another rant about the incompitant MCS debarcle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock