1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Another how to get the top off tap in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

  1. DeeplyDrippy

    DeeplyDrippy New Member

    Hi all any idea how to get the cover off this tap? If it is unscrew, is it anti clockwise on both?

    And once I do, to stop dripping, do I simply fit a new valve? Its a quarter turn tap s is ceramic washer I believe?


    Attached Files:

  2. snowhead

    snowhead Well-Known Member

  3. JCplumb

    JCplumb Plumber

    It is likely that the top chrome dome just unscrews, someone mentioned a rubber glove to help help friction in another post - something I hadn't thought of before ;)
    If the tap's been in for years it might be difficult. Yes they will screw off anti clockwise. (lefty loosy)
    Once you have access to the cartridge, take it to a plumbing merchants to get an exact replacement. Take the part of the tap that fits into the thin spline of the cartridge with you to make finding the right spline easier.
    Let us know how you get on.
  4. JCplumb

    JCplumb Plumber

    Darn you and your faster fingers Snowhead ! :D
  5. snowhead

    snowhead Well-Known Member

    • Like Like x 1
  6. DeeplyDrippy

    DeeplyDrippy New Member

    Brilliant thanks all. Will dig out the marigolds.:smiley2: