Search the forum,

Discuss Another how to get the top off tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeeplyDrippy

Hi all any idea how to get the cover off this tap? If it is unscrew, is it anti clockwise on both?

And once I do, to stop dripping, do I simply fit a new valve? Its a quarter turn tap s is ceramic washer I believe?

Thanks

Attachments

• basin taps.jpg
    basin taps.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 31
It is likely that the top chrome dome just unscrews, someone mentioned a rubber glove to help help friction in another post - something I hadn't thought of before ;)
If the tap's been in for years it might be difficult. Yes they will screw off anti clockwise. (lefty loosy)
Once you have access to the cartridge, take it to a plumbing merchants to get an exact replacement. Take the part of the tap that fits into the thin spline of the cartridge with you to make finding the right spline easier.
Let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another how to get the top off tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock