Search the forum,

Discuss Another busy week for me how was yours ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
How much work do you guys get done in a week i am trying to scale my work load down a bit but its not happening , so what you all having i am in the chair huge gin and tonic for me , work load this week was pipe up a intergas boiler and heating and hotwater upgrade, fit a granite type kitchen sink, dishwasher ,pipe in a water supply for a american fridge , pipe up a range cooker , replace a heating pump , fit a toilet & cistern , plumb in a washing machine , pipe a stainless steel kitchen sink, pipe up a bath and basin , fit a column type radiator and pipe up. cheers all kop.

What did you do on Tue, Wed, Thurs and today then .

Yep plenty on here , strangely the phone is quiet but the diary isnt .

Like you kop , I am trying to scale work down, but it doesnt seem to be happening.

Ha ha nice one town , cant seem to get on top of jobs at the minute booked up till september i know i should not complain but all work and no play starting to get a bit much now , off on a week holiday thursday to recharge the batteries so work can wait what you having cheers kop

This time last year I was absolutely mowed out , far far too buzy , I ended up poorly at the end of August , the whole of September and a lot of October, like most blokes I thought I was indestructible.

I had a wake up call , I was determined it wouldnt happen again .
So as you know the problem is the work / life balance. Bloody impossible, you dont like saying no , but know you should. Book your week up and then all the emergency work comes in and the week goes t@ts up lol , then that impacts the next week and the week after that . Great !!!

Pass me the Jack Daniels lol

exactly the same scenario as me town 70 - 80 hour weeks got ill at christmas put me on my back for a good 3 weeks had a virus which messed with my red blood cells worse than it sounds really feel fatigued all the time like you cant say no recipe for for disaster hence need to slow down fat chance , pour yourself a large one bud cheers kop

Yep snap eh lol

Its a large one , and going down well .

Enjoy your holls , where are you bound ?

Cyprus bud only a week the mrs is in need of a break to so off we go will have another week in the winter when weather poor at home cheers bud kop

Cyprus bud only a week the mrs is in need of a break to so off we go will have another week in the winter when weather poor at home cheers bud kop

Yep that sounds like the ticket, been bloody hot there this week , customer has just come back , have a good one.

Yep that sounds like the ticket, been bloody hot there this week , customer has just come back , have a good one.

where did he go?

Cheers bud suits me fine read a few books , bit of fishing and snokling, Sweet enjoy ya weekend bud pour yourself another cheers kop

just a coke please :) noo too bad bit quite tbh

2 outside taps
1 tank ball valve
made and fitted a nice stack boxing
painted a bathroom
installed plastic skirting in said room
fitted a set of half height shower doors and sealed in said room
serviced a boiler
quoted for a few things at a house (new sink, new cloak, new towel rad, boiler service and unvented)

plus more but cant remember

I think as long as I'm young and willing to work , ill and won't slow down. It will come in the age anyway or even with health problems.

Been busy for the last weeks " 7 days a week and don't moan.

Quiet day yesterday 2 boiler services, a new cold water inlet valve, two tap repairs and a ball valve in the roof space.
Mines a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Thanks

Quiet day yesterday 2 boiler services, a new cold water inlet valve, two tap repairs and a ball valve in the roof space.
Mines a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Thanks
You could share a bottle with my wife's favourite white :)
From which country is it from ?

You still covered easily your day rate with your jobs :)

Drinking at breafast time moonlight thats not a good idea bud ha ha, a day off for me today the car got recalled for a airbag change hope you all have a good weekend cheers kop.

Swimming lessons for the bairns, then through to her cousins to service the boiler ( for free on the condition she feed all six of us for lunch )

First week down on a 6 bathroom hall. 3 months work.

I have to fit a few jobs in between as well.

But today was the mil 90th and then stayed out to watch Scotland England at the footie.

Day off tomorrow. Cooking sunday lunch, can't decide wether chicken or beef.

Nice little contract bud hope it all goes well for you , nice bit of beef sounds good to me enjoy mate cheers kop.

First week down on a 6 bathroom hall. 3 months work.

I have to fit a few jobs in between as well.

But today was the mil 90th and then stayed out to watch Scotland England at the footie.

Day off tomorrow. Cooking sunday lunch, can't decide wether chicken or beef.
I would go chicken all day long.

What about pork

It's been a very busy week for me this week, I first fixed 1 house, 6 flats and done the water mains from the riser cupboards to the 6 flats.

Beef in a fortnight. Nice topside joint cooked slow wrapped in foil with some red wine over it.

York this weekend. Few beers, bit shopping, few beers, bit food, few beers and a few beers in between. You get the drift

Been a nice week to be honest. As you all know I'm closing up the business. Started at 9am today and finished at 2pm. Sorted out things for the skip and things to sell :) Ignored all the calls this evening and relaxed :) 100% content I've made the right choice.

I'm getting my life back and am very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another busy week for me how was yours ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

New Sink Will Not Drain - Conversion of 2 Basin Stainless Kitchen Sink to 1 Basin Porcelain Kitchen Sink with Disposal. Sink is on Peninsula and 5 feet from vent stack in wall to roof. Before Conversion: 2 Basin Stainless Kitchen Sink, 2" PVC Exit Drain, to 2" PVC P-Trap, to PVC Adapter 2" to 1...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a basic home DIYer with limited knowledge looking for some advice. We have a sink in our utility that has a washing machine connected into the same pipes. The sink is constantly getting backed up. Worse when the washing machine is draining but will start to back up with the tap just...
Replies
Views
I need help with a kitchen sink drain, we had a new granite counter top and sink installed, I had the sink sent directly to the installers for proper fitting, didn’t realize they where sent the wrong depth sink till after everything was installed, Sink is 9 inch deep not the 6 inch I ordered. My...
Replies
Views
In the process of fitting new taps to kitchen sink, hot water was straight forward and working, then looked at the cold supply and found these two connectors, the lower one has the 15mm pipe with usual nut but just above it is another nut !!! does anyone know what it is and whats it for. Thanks...
Replies
Views
I would really like some advice about a problem with a hot water issue. I am a registered plumber and fitted all the heating pipes and hot and cold water pipework for my sisters house back in 2012. I also fitted a Megaflow unvented heating cylinder. Everything has worked really well until last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock