Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Annual Mileage in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexterry

alexterry Guest

Mine vaires year to year!
    I found myself last year hitting the 20k mark last year but the year before it was only about 13k.

It just depends on how busy you are and how far your willing to travel for work, I'm out in the sticks so my mileage is higher.

This is quite a cool little app which i found for my Iphone for recording your work mileage App Store - Track My Mileage saves me writing it in the book!

2. plumb

plumb Guest

I did about 10k last year - remember that you need to put down the right amount for insurance purposes and yes, they do know how many you did - all they have to do is look at your MOT or fuel receipts! Insurance will be refused if you have an accident and you're over the mileage - always best to put a bit more than you will probably do when you insure as it's more expensive the other way around.

3. Meady

Meady Plumber GSR

Our van has averaged 16.5k miles since he bought it second hand with 3 miles on the clock. On the other hand I have done 4.5k miles in 17months in my car :)

4. plumb

plumb Guest

That's the problem with the limited mileage deals. Unless you're sure you're not going to go over the limit then it's best to avoid them - what are they going to charge you for the extra mileage?

5. shaky

shaky Plumber GSR

Me 55k a year!!!!!!!!

6. Nostrum

Nostrum Plumber GSR

Do you have time to do the job or are you just cruising around the country inspecting flue terminals from a distance!

Used to do about 25-30k a year in my old job, this one is probably less at around 15-20k I reckon.

7. Resolute

Resolute Guest

Work van is about 20k per year and car is the same!

8. shaky

shaky Plumber GSR

Hell of long days yesterday left my house at 0530 got home at 2030

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.