Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Annual Mileage in the Insurance for Plumbers area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_W

Andy_W Guest

What's your annual mileage for your van?
  2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

About 12k
  3. dontknowitall

dontknowitall Guest

10K or so. If I could find customers first time, I could probably knock 1k off this. If there weren't so many potholes, another 2k.
  4. Andy_W

Andy_W Guest

Haha don't you use a sat nav?
  5. dontknowitall

dontknowitall Guest

I do but sat navs are useless in the sticks - much better in towns.

Had one the other day . 20 miles to destination. Took a left and 5 seconds later, 11 miles to destination .
  6. arran197

arran197 GSR

I suppose it depends what you set it to, faster route or shortest.

I do about 12k in my work van, 7k in my car and 6k in hire vans. Did 500 miles last weekend in a hire van. Will be doing about 400 this weekend. Wolverhampton to Ipswich and back, with running round in the middle. Infact, I have had my Berlingo since mid June and it had done 25500 miles. It's now done 30500. Really don't know how I have managed it. Been just over 3 months. The van is only 18 months old. Big miles really.
  7. dontknowitall

dontknowitall Guest

I've tried the faster/shortest options.

One local road puzzles it. Before 8am (approx, depending on weather conditions) it tells me to go one way and after this time it "advises" the way that everyone else goes.
  8. arran197

arran197 GSR

Mine has got the IQ routes thing on it, so it 'knows' which roads get congested and avoids them. Then there is the traffic as well, which receives info about traffic jams.
  9. Andy_W

Andy_W Guest

I put down 15k on my insurance quote form. I'm guessing this is about average for a plumber?
  10. cr0ft

cr0ft Trusted Plumber GSR

I do about 5k a year but I'm in the lucky position that all of my work and suppliers are very local to me.
  11. Alpha man

Alpha man GSR

22K per year!
  12. fuzzy

fuzzy Guest

if your work is local the mileage may be low, however lots of short runs on a big deisel engine aint so good for it
  13. cr0ft

cr0ft Trusted Plumber GSR

Very fair point but it is good for your fuel bill!
  14. core heating

core heating Guest

ive done 22k already this year . prob another 4 before the year is out :-( guess the one good thing will be the tax rebait on the fuel lol.
  15. thecalvers

thecalvers Guest

I've got 10k on a contract hire with VW.. doesn't look like it is going to be enough. It's going to be expensive. Ouch.