Search the forum,

Discuss Ancient Thermecon floor standing boiler... Urgent plea for advice in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Cari S

Hi,

Am looking after my elderly parents (90 and 94) at the mo... And noticed a burning rubber-ish smell from the back of the boiler earlier this evening.

When I looked at one of the G/Y ones relating to ? thermostat limit settings on the l/h side, I realised it had come loose (and was resting on a v hot pipe, so might be the source of the. smell).

However I'm not 100% sure where it was fastened. I've seen the instruction manual (because of course, they've kept it!) and I think I've connected it correctly, with the offending G/Y wire attached to the correct terminal. Also not touching boiling hot pipes anywhere.

Certainly we have no boiler lockdown error light, nor a ts limit light (but I dunno if the latter is bad or good).

Can't attach photos, I think, but happy to take some and send by alternative channels if needs be... Instinctively it feels I've done the right thing, mind, even though I have no clue about the finer details!!

Reply to Ancient Thermecon floor standing boiler... Urgent plea for advice in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock