Search the forum,

Discuss Ancient shanks siphon repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone tried repairing one of these old relics... Is it just a regular membrane inside?

I cant replace for a regular as it has a really weird connection on to the pan, plus 2' plus siphoning pan!

Pics

image.jpg

image.jpgFunny round nut securing...

image.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason page go's black if I click on your photo's ????????????

The round bit is a shroud. It will either pull down if you put a scraper or something in. Might be stuck up with putty or it will have a thread on it you should be able to turn with your hand.
Use a bit dpc or heavy visqueen for a new washer and punch a hole through it with a bit 10mm pipe rather than trying to cut it

These photos have going black with me as well but can still see page behind.

All done, the round nut was a shroud... There wasn't a membrane as such, like a big metal type disc in there that had corroded & fell apart... Luckily my membrane material worked okay, fingers crossed it holds lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ancient shanks siphon repair in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock