Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Altecnic Dirtmag IQ review thread in the Product Reviews area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ray Stafford

Ray Stafford Guest

For those of you receiving Altecnic Dirtmag IQ filters to review - please add your review here.

Thanks

Ray

2. REDSAW

REDSAW Guest

thanks ray,
    first thought on the outside, i like the design and size (compact) but, as an injionear, i stripped it apart and thought it was one of those 'blue peter' designs!!
    seen bigger magnets on my tin opener (one for improvement me thinks!) & the filter might be better using a sponge like gauze. like the price though although i did sell it at £85.:hand:

i did not like the way the brass drain-off valve rocked from side to side when undoing the valve with a screwdriver. it gave me thoughts of future failure!.
    i also had no choice but to mount the filter at a 25deg angle due to the available pipes but the instructions did not clearly say plumb-bob verticle either? however, it seems to be ok.

one point to mention is the brass iso valves were of the insert compression type and not a flat flange like tf1's etc, which made it very awkward to get onto the restricted pipework.

in all. not bad for the price but it could be improved a lot in practicle design/parts aspect for little if any extra costs!.

martin reporting from the east [email protected]&co.com

• Like Like x 2
  3. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

ive fitted a couple, they are not great. the salus one is alot better for simular money.