Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha combi boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassman

Gas Engineer
Went on their training course last year and all seems good but still not fitted any.
What is your opinion on them guys?
Also do you think the commissioning of them is a bit long winded?
I am currently fitting Logic plus and Vaillant boilers but Alpha prices are looking quite good for the low end customers.

Wheres best place to look for alpha prices.
I service a few. Apart from fannying on with differential air pressure on the models i see. They are ok to work on

I used to fit quite a few alpha boilers, thought they were ok and had no problems with them. Then I fitted one and had to arrange a repair under warrenty. They only had one engineer covering this area and had to wait for him to get back from holiday. Alpha just aren't equipped for customer service. I have lost confidence in them. Shame.

Fitted one in our home because got a good deal on the intec . Thought it was easy to fit and commission the cyclone filter was a right pain tho as had not a lot of space .Its a little noisey on operation and seems to take forever to switch over to hot water.Seems to produce a lot of condensate as well .They do have the older flow and return config which i think is now dated.
I can see them not honouring the warranties tho as not really a big company imho .

Other than that ok for 500 quid

Went on their training course last year and all seems good but still not fitted any.
What is your opinion on them guys?
Also do you think the commissioning of them is a bit long winded?
I am currently fitting Logic plus and Vaillant boilers but Alpha prices are looking quite good for the low end customers.

Cheap to buy (don't tell me you haven't noticed all the goodies you get free when you buy Alpha) but blinking expensive to fix when (not if) they go wrong. If fitting on old systems your Powerflushing needs to be tip-top...

Hate ripping out alphas... Why do they insist on keeping the flow & return & all the pipes the wrong way round!!

Yeh lol. Not helped when they have the pipes dropped down in the middle of the ceiling like this POS I took out lol
d2588cb6bc81a25f37d8822be845d4a0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha combi boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler. All good, was working fine. Recently our old Potterton Suprima conventional boiler packed up and we decided to change to a Vaillant EcoTec COMBI...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30 year old Baxi back boiler was still going strong, I've finally succumbed to pressure from Mrs RWD and had a Combi installed. The Heating Engineer that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock