Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha cd35c intermittant hot water (pulsing) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GRUNT16V

HI
Im having problems with the above boiler !
ch heating is fine but the hot water is hot cold hot cold etc whenever the dhw tap is on,
i was told it was a simple fix involving the diverter valve diaphram BUT i looked in there and looking at it its not the conventional valve we all know are these known for failing? . Is there anything else it could be ie flow switch etc
Im also looking at a scale reducer (pre boiler) are the aqua-dial scale inhibitors any good??
Many thanks for looking

Either a blocked hw heat exchanger and temp sensor, as you have found out - they have no diaphragm and wont be divertor or motor either for this fault!

My money is on the DHW heat exchanger.

Is the boiler is under manufactures guarantee?

My money is on the DHW heat exchanger. ooooooooooo crap

Is the boiler is under manufactures guarantee? i think so

many thanks

Phone Alpha and find out if your still under guarantee!! may not cost you a penny??

is there anyway of descaling it with the heat exchanger in situ ??
also do you know if the aqua-dial scale inhibiter filters are worth the money as i live in a hard water area ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its best to remove the H E and bench de-scale it! Manufactures dont normally recommend de scaler units.

Where abouts do you live?

Too far for me, Alpha will be your best bet sadly!

They dont for mains water, if its heating water then its a Fernox TF1 on the return pipe to the boiler.

so you dont have to have a filter on the feed from the mains to the boiler, just a tf1 on the ch circuit is this right ??

Yep, unless you think you need one, or phone the manufacture and ask them what they think, at least you will know either way then.

Yep, unless you think you need one, or phone the manufacture and ask them what they think, at least you will know either way then.
will do !
in your oppinion what would you fit on the mains water feed if you were in a hard water area

I had a Alpha CD/35C fitted in 2008, from the first week i have had the same problem and that is intemitten hot and cold water. Whilste under guarantee Alpha came out numerouse times with the same problem, they fitted a new exchange and in that time i also paid to have a total flush out of the system to rid it of the black slime that accumilates in the sytem. its okay for a while but then back out they have to come. a few things have been changed on the boiler but its back to hot then cold. I actually paid Over £200 6 months ago for alpha to come out as the guarantee had run out and the plumber said it could be the water flow was too high, so we made sure it was under half turn on the tap. it was better but has now gone back to where we have to run a full bath of was is supposed to be hot water but its cold to get the smallest of hot water to finally come through, we also have to have the sink tap on as well. its a good job im not on a water meter as there is much waste just for a small amount of bathwater to get a bath in. As i said this has been an ongoing problem since i had it fitted in and nver really been resolved, i have had a private plumber in and he has no idea why its doing this. Can someone help me coz im ready to kick the thing off the wall. I think being a woman the guys who have been out have done a quick fix and told me bull****. If i had just started to get this problem then i would replace the parts or the boler but as i said we had them out at least once every two weeks in the first 3 months becouse of this problem i have never had a decent hot running water without its running cold at some point. I must say that the downstairs tap after a few seconds is scolding and keep that way …..any suggestions please

Welcome to the forum Sonyso, really sounds like you`ve had the run around for the last 8 or so years and no wonder you want to kick it off the wall!
There are members here from your neck of the woods and hopefully one of them will see your post later when they have finished for the day and respond, maybe you could reply saying which town you live in. If that fails try posting again in the link below.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha cd35c intermittant hot water (pulsing) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock