Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha cb 24x in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a 24x which would not ignite. Will spark, but goes to lock out, red light stays on. MI say check for power on the board, M7 22&23 i think it was. Had no power, so got a new board. New board fitted but same problem, getting continuity through the OH stat. New board still has no power on the gas valve pins. Think i need Alpha Man!! Lol

Again this post belongs in the trade gas forums,give Dave a pm,AllyBongo,with your gsr details and you will find a lot more response and help with posts like this

Do you know what connections on the GV plug to test, the wiring diagram in MI's dont show, they just say test across the pins on the board. But the plug on the board has the two pins for the OH stat... Would I be right in thinking if the plug is off the gas valve wouldn't get power anyway cause the OH is disconnected!?

Worth checking polarity of power supply coming into the boiler.sounds similar to a problem i had a few years ago,But cant remember exact symptoms.

i had the same issue commissioning a main few months back.
it turned out to be reverse polarity. the rectification process is affected. Also Alpha man might be right with the GV theory

Do you know what connections on the GV plug to test, the wiring diagram in MI's dont show, they just say test across the pins on the board. But the plug on the board has the two pins for the OH stat... Would I be right in thinking if the plug is off the gas valve wouldn't get power anyway cause the OH is disconnected!?

Sorry mate, I just plug and play, if you disconnect the OHS you will brake circuit, but be careful as there will be 240V at the OHS/wiring.

My money would be GV plug loom.

Back to it this morning, linked the OHS pins on the PCB, getting 240V on the gas valve pins. So either GV or plug as you say. The PCB i took out did have a few dry joints and had been wet before the boiler broke down. I'll get a GV and plug and return whatever one i dont need. I'll let you know the result

Again this post belongs in the trade gas forums,give Dave a pm,AllyBongo,with your gsr details and you will find a lot more response and help with posts like this

Confused is this not the trade gas forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha cb 24x in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have had a new Grant boiler system fitted which powers 22 rads and an immersion heater - 8 of these rads are large double convectors. We have had a lot of issues with the install of this Grant boiler but my main issue is if the pump is man enough for this system. As mentioned it's a...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming through the bedroom wall from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The shower is over the bath and the bathroom walls are tiled around three sides of...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our heating system due to loud knocking noises the year before and after tests of water were done he used F3, then DS40 & F1 per the results, but nearing the...
Replies
Views
N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been reading in that the boiler works fine for 95% of the time. It will often go a few days then we get the LF code. We hit reset and it always always...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock