Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha 280P/E Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDS

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Got an Alpha 280P with hot water tap open the boiler firing but water only running luke warm, but when heating on and hot tap open water running nice and hot. I'm assuming diverter valve knackered? But not sure why?? Any advice would be much appreciated :)

If the flow pipe gets hot when heating off but running hot tap its the diverter valve you can also isolate flow and return valves to confirm and get hot water, haven't come across one of them for years bit hit and miss using repair kit but Alpha parts expensive

If hex was blocked, surely hot water would be lukewarm regardless of whether heating on or off?

New boiler going in end of year with building work going on, but customer wants to keep boiler going til then. Looks like new diverter, plenty of room to work in there at least!!

That boiler is very similar to the Baxi 105 (different gas valve + pilot light) . I agree with the posts above. Most likely going to be the diverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha 280P/E Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock