Search the forum,

Discuss Allready working as plumber, need certificates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

damo

Hi, ive been working as a plumber for 5 years with my father inlaw. Unfortunatly he is moving away and ive never obtaind a c&g or nvq qualification. Is their anyway I can be assessd and gain a recognised certificate without having to spend weeks/ months on a course. I cant afford to take week days out. I have a portfolia of work ect. Any advice greatly appreciated.

So what you're looking for is a 'double express- super fast, fast track course', (6129 while you wait) the thought makes me cringe.

I think your only option is something like the VIY course, there is normally a link on the top of the page, I did this course last year and I would definatly recommend it - the money is now starting to come in.

Last edited:
you don't need to do 6129 if you have been working in the trade over 5 yrs.

you can do a direct nvq6089 but need to pass all the 6129 theory exams and provide alot of site evidence. if you dont do the full range u wont get it, ie. lead, hot cold CH etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Allready working as plumber, need certificates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock