Search the forum,

Discuss All Radiators Heat Up With Hot Water On Sometimes Only Bathroom One in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm not a central heating engineer, can just about tell the difference between a hot and cold tap :) Having having trouble working out why my central heating is doing what it does. I hope someone can help me fathom it out.
I have a Baxi Solo 18 HEA boiler, which is about 2 years old and had little use, wood burner.
Boiler has a wireless link to a thermostat in the hall and a thermostat (manual ) connected to the hot water cylinder . I've used Fernox F5, not power flushed, just ran it on heating cycle for about a week, drained system down and refilled, bled radiators.

These are some of the symptoms, on the control panel I switch on both heating and hot water options on continuous setting. System comes on all radiators heat up,and hot water tank heats up, burner goes off after about an hour.

The other night I had a hot bath, turned heating and hot water on together, continuous setting.for about 1.5 hours then switched itself off. Now ordinarily what happens after it switches off and I turn on again, only the bathroom radiator gets hot all the others remain cold.
On this occasion I filled the bath up with hot water, once full, as I intended to have a hot long soak and would prefer the bathroom radiator to be warm. I turned the boiler back on and to my surprise bathroom radiator heated up, as well as the others I think.

Today I tried turning the thermostat on the hot water tank to minimum and ran the heating and hot water options on the control panel to see what happened, only the bathroom radiator got hot, the pump is close to it under the bathroom floor, the main boiler is below the bathroom.
I then turned the hot water cylinder thermostat up about a 1/3 turn then all the radiators started to heat up.
As I say ordinarily if I switch system on in morning continious setting, it will run for say 1.5 hours then switches off or burner stops. Later on a bit if start system again only bathroom radiator heats up all others remain cold.
As I say on the control panel I can select heating and hot water together and on continuously, then all the radiators get hot. If I only select heating option continuously then only the bathroom radiator gets hot..... Um :)
Cheers,
Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to All Radiators Heat Up With Hot Water On Sometimes Only Bathroom One in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock