Search the forum,

Discuss Aldi 15kg breaker £39.99 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
20151101_210735.jpg

New Aldi store has opened and these bad boys are only £39.99
Broke up a concrete slab with it today.
It's the same generic one seen in screwfix.
Very heavy and supprisingly well made and with 3 year Warrenty.

Last edited:
Yes, couldn't believe it, reduced from £99.99 to £39.99.

Comes with two chisels, oil filler and case with wheels on.

I'll have a look in on Tuesday for you, no way I'll get chance tomorrow.

Postage will be pricey as it weighs a ton.

ooh I want one, but I will have to spend the savings made on someone else to operate it, the old wrist would never forgive me :(.

I have 19 steps to break out and replace at the right height of drop as the ones there are currently designed for croppie to use :)

I have just bought a new sds max chisel for my combi drill/breaker and it cost about that!!
That is very cheap and looks tough. It's a no brainer, - to hire a breaker would cost that for little more than a weeks hire!

Looks a bit like the old Kango 950. I was brought up hanging onto one of those boys hence the white finger which isn't nice.
What type bits does it take and does it drill too

The bits are 30mm hex with a location flat.

I don't know if that is standard?

Doesn't drill.

Last edited:
Looks a bit like the old Kango 950. I was brought up hanging onto one of those boys hence the white finger which isn't nice.

Still the best pound for pound breaker they ever made, white knuckle schmuckle who needs full sensation in your fingers anyway.

Mate, you shouldn't be paying that. Try Toolstation for chisels for sds plus/max, perhaps not the best quality but what does it matter for chiseling and breaker work.

SDS Max Flat Chisel 25 x 500mm - Toolstation

Thanks! It is a large self sharpening quality chisel, but I can't complain as I was given free a decent second hand combi breaker, which had been replaced. But if I keep buying sds max bits at that price it would be crazy. I never thought of Toolstation and will take a look.

I would like to think it is gentle on the body and not putting all the vibration through your arms.
I have 2 Makita breakers, -.one is the older mainly metal type with rubber side handle and the other is the newer, mainly plastic cased with rubber grip and handle.
No comparison really, - the only one to use for any job that will mean the machine going for longer than a minute, is the modern Makita. Such a lack of vibration through the body that it makes it easy to use and no shakes later in your arms.

How the world has changed ?
A plumber with a breaker ?
No wonder builders are now doing plumbing and electrics.

Best likes his toys, leave him alone....ha ha ha

One breaker is enough for me though.

Best likes his toys, leave him alone....ha ha ha

One breaker is enough for me though.

All of the machines (toys) bought bit by bit over years!
Wish I had the money they all cost. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aldi 15kg breaker £39.99 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock