Search the forum,

Discuss Aircon and renewablews is the future in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fragonard

I was reading another thread about somebody wanting to get into plumbing and somebody advised them to train in aircon or renewables as this is where the future lay. I would like to ask a couple of things: Firstly, is this the case that they future is in aircon and renewables? Secondly, it this is the future, are there any good courses which would lead to a qualification in these areas? Finally, and slightly different, can you think of other areas which it may be worth getting into in the near future?

This is my first post and I'm not a crafts-man but desperately need to find a direction. I'm unemployed at the moment and in my 40's. Thank you.

IMHO the future of heating lies in integrating renewable and carbon-based heat sources, not in either old or new techs on their own.

i belive the future will be air source units as they sit on the ground so you dont need scaffolding if you need to do anything with them. and unlike ground source you dont need a garden 12 football pitches big or a pilling machine if you dont have a big garden. but were a long way (maybe 10 years) from cracking really good air source units.

in the mean time i'll keep doing gas as it will be around till i retire in 45 years providing an apocolypse dosent get me first

IMHO the future of heating lies in integrating renewable and carbon-based heat sources, not in either old or new techs on their own.

Which requires knowledge of both types of system, not an easy road. However, there is a lot of money to be made in aircon and refrigeration on a commercial level.

never mind on a commercial level. with summers getting hotter the domestic market will explode over the comming years ive looked into getting it in my house and to be honest i can get my lounge, bedroom and one other room done for about the same cost as a full heating system so it is affordable on a domestic level

i belive the future will be air source units as they sit on the ground so you dont need scaffolding if you need to do anything with them. and unlike ground source you dont need a garden 12 football pitches big or a pilling machine if you dont have a big garden. but were a long way (maybe 10 years) from cracking really good air source units.

in the mean time i'll keep doing gas as it will be around till i retire in 45 years providing an apocolypse dosent get me first

You can have vertical loops that don't require much space, but I see your point, air source is definitely an easier installation.

but they are incased in concrete and piled in the ground stuff that if you get a fault or blockage in the run lol i know im being very scepticle but dont just look at eaze of install think of maintenence and cost to the end user. really do think air source will be providing the heating of the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aircon and renewablews is the future in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, been doing lots of research for a house we're about to move into and pulling my hair out on what to fit. The house: 1930s semi, 3 bed, 1 bath (separate shower + Bathtub) its essentially a shell (a rotted falling down shell) 😂 the whole house will be on electric only except gas for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock