Search the forum,

Discuss Air to air heating units in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlead1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. Has any one any thought on air to air units? I have been asked by a friend who is responsible for a drinking club, to suggest methods of heating a single story building (one large room) The area is 180 MSq and ceiling height 2.8m. Owing to the layout, lack of gas supply and space. Electric heating / cooling is the preferred option.

I went to the Oil and Renewable Heating Show (or whatever it was called) yesterday and I must admit, although I'm biased towards oil, I was quite taken with the electrical units. They do seem pretty good for large spaces. I picked up a brochure from Ecodan (although there were others prostituting - I mean exhibiting - themselves too).

Not sure if this is of any help but just might give you some inspiration to have a different look at things.

Ecodan are air to water, air to air is your standard reversible air con unit therefore not eligible for any rhi

Hi Thank for info. My strong suit is not the English language. What the rhi an abbreviation of?

Renewable Heat Incentive - new name for coalition's version of Labour's Warmfront (or whatever it was called). Similar to ISAs which replaced PEPs in the savings world - feed in tariff stuff. I'm not 100% clear on what all these things are myself!!

Juvenile if you ask me. I'm all for tweaking these ideas but changing the name as well only costs needless amounts of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air to air heating units in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are building a new 2 bed bungalow and looking at Heating / Hot water options. Although Gas is available we are keen to not have it connected but we will be having a large solar system installed as we have a long South facing roof. Our house that we are moving from has Air con installed in...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Been having a real saga and head scratching situation. I originally had 1 problem, and now 2. Original issue: Air being built up in rads. Having to bleed every other day if not daily. All upstairs rads getting air, and one downstairs in utility room, same room as boiler and not far...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope someone can give me some advice on replacing an old air source heat pump. We moved into a shared ownership house last year which has a Daiken air source heat pump fitted to provide heating and hot water. The unit was fitted when the house was built 12 years ago. It seems that the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Getting an extension built as well as some alterations to the layout of our house. Been quoted £6k incl VAT for the plumbing and heating aspects of the work (see below for details). Just want a finger the air idea if it's reasonable or if we're not getting ripped off. I've been in touch...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of buying a property which needs a complete bathroom overhaul. The current bathroom has an electrically powered hot water tank feeding a bath, shower and sink. I would really like to remove the water tank to save valuable space (and probably energy usage too) and so wondering...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock