Search the forum,

Discuss Air source heat pump help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dave Walker

Hi i am installing my first air source heat pump with buffer vessel and would like some advice or clarifcation as to how it goes. I have put a flow setter, pressure relieve valve, isolation valve, and filling loop on to the retern from the buffer to the ashp i plan to fitt a thermometer in to this as well. on the flow there will be a thermometer isolatin valve and a line strainer hopefully this is right. my main problem is where i should fitt a expansion vessle is it between the ashp and buffer vessle or the buffer vessle and the underfloor heating? Any advice would be greatfull thanks

cant anyone help me please would be nice to know if i got it right or not before i get to site tomorrow thanks

Why?.. Is my BPEC Heat pump certificate no longer any good then?

Just as well, I could feel a gasket being blown.. C&G 2399 will not teach anyone who is already trained in these technologies, anything new.

you need to make sure its commissioned correctly and ensure the set point for the back up immersion is correct this is more important than positioning of the expansion vessel

I'd rather design with no back up immersion, I personally don't use them and can't stand anyone that does, do it right or don't bother.

I'd rather design with no back up immersion, I personally don't use them and can't stand anyone that does, do it right or don't bother.

most heat pumps come with a backup immersion thats why its important to set the programmer so that the immersion wont come on

Ones I fit have immersion back up but the plug is pulled. No need to time it then

Which manufacturer's heat pump are you installing? Is the heating systems rads or UFH, new-build or retrofit? How have you sized the buffer vessel? What are the required flow rates, pressure drops across the system? What's the required delta-T?

I mainly fit Samsung, fit new build but mainly existing, rads and underfloor, there's lots of variables though, don't use buffer vessel either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air source heat pump help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
I'm planning to get an air source heat pump (ASHP) installed and I'm considering my options about the location of the water cylinder as I live in a small house and space is a premium. I was thinking about building a small insulated shed about 20 to 25 metres away from the house to put the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
hi everybody i need some help please, i can't remember how to adjust the temperature setting in heat mode on my dream air source heat pump does anyone know the sequence please? any information would be much appreciated .
Replies
Views
Mike marks
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock