Search the forum,

Discuss air lock in hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumrob

With your help I have fixed my thermal store central heating system. However I seem to have air lock in hot water. All taps except bathroom give hot water. Bathroom is a dribble. have tried fixing washing machine hose to cold and hot fill to blast airlock. No success. Any other options?

Well your hot water should be main pressure through thermol store so should not have air lock,is it just one tap that is not working,if so could be tap or a bit of rubbish stuck in both taps
However as you was working on system last week,check no valve is closed to bathroom or not opened correctly :)

imho

Hello again.
yes it is only bathroom hot tap. All other work ok. Bathroom tap becomes an old man's dribble accompanied by knocking noise. have tried the mains cold to hot system using the washing machine pipe but no success.

Well if tap knocking and dribble, probably tap head faulty,do not know what taps you have maybe ` 'adapt a tap' or 'tap revivers' or 'standard tap' heads will fit or isolate water supply and remove head and see if jumper can be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to air lock in hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock