Search the forum,

Discuss After cleaning bottle trap, water not running away properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just replaced my bathroom basin tap, I thought I would check and clean all the outlet fittings and seals, including a plastic bottle trap (don't know what make, but it was from B&Q about 5 years ago). Now, water runs away very, very slowly - just a trickle. Loosening the bottom of the trap a couple of turns lets the water run away quickly.
Something I wonder about is the short, removable pipe inside the trap. With that removed, the water escapes normally. What is the purpose of the pipe?
The basin waste is a clicker type (it's the original). The waste itself appears clear.
Everything has been installed exactly as it was before
I would really appreciate any help
Thanks

Hi Chas and welcome any chance of a couple of pictures....regards Turnpin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to After cleaning bottle trap, water not running away properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock