Search the forum,

Discuss advise on flow and return points unvented cylinder compared to the height of the header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, before I go ahead and install a indirect cylinder. The problem is in the loft where the flow and return points on the cylinder are similar height less than 0.1 bar to the header tank.
I'm worried about there might not be enough head from the top of header tank to the flow going into the cylinder. I could possibility move the header tank higher. Is there any thing else on the market that can solve this issue? Cheers

The title says "unvented cylinder", but you mention a header tank, which an unvented doesn't need. Can you be a bit clearer?

In any case, an unvented cylinder has to be installed by someone with a G3 qualification.

The title says "unvented cylinder", but you mention a header tank, which an unvented doesn't need. Can you be a bit clearer?

In any case, an unvented cylinder has to be installed by someone with a G3 qualification.

Heating side

I would seal the system also you put your extra bracing in ?

Hi guys, before I go ahead and install a indirect cylinder. The problem is in the loft where the flow and return points on the cylinder are similar height less than 0.1 bar to the header tank.
I'm worried about there might not be enough head from the top of header tank to the flow going into the cylinder. I could possibility move the header tank higher. Is there any thing else on the market that can solve this issue? Cheers
Provided the primary circuit is piped boiler - open vent - cold feed - pump, I don't see why it would be a problem.

Reply to advise on flow and return points unvented cylinder compared to the height of the header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So after having engineer drawings back I'm limited to around 90cm of loft height. I was thinking of a preplumbed horizontal cylinder. But now wondering if a pump and zone valves on the landing in a separate cupboard with just the cylinder flow return going to the loft. Is this an ok idea of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant condensing boiler. I currently have a vented set up. A couple of plumbers said this could work. Will the feed and expansion tank for the central...
Replies
Views
Trying to add a shower into a small bathroom, I'm looking at moving my hot water cylinder to the loft. Currently, I have a vented 200L cylinder (in the bathroom) with the principal source of heat being an Economy 7 setup, which gives adequate hot water for our needs. The cylinder also has an...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, I have a new unvented system with a horizontal 210L Joule hot water cylinder. The cylinder has been vibrating badly which you can hear throughout the upstairs (it's in the loft). The manufacturers have stated that there is too much flow going into the cylinder, and that the gas...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock