Search the forum,

Discuss {Advice sought} Ideal Boiler not giving consistent hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PureBluff

Hi all, Had an ideal logic 24+ boiler fitted in Dec 2012. Sadly the water itself won't stay continuously hot when washing the dishes for example.

Initially we chalked it up to it being ice cold outside and it having to work so hard to warm the water up - that it just couldn't keep up with the demand. This became apparent that it wasn't the issue in the warmer climes. We can run the tap very slowly and it'll warm up in around 45s and stay warm for 1min, sometimes 4-5 mins but run cold eventually. The timing is inconsistent for this happening.

The boiler is consistently running at 1.0 bar which was recommended to us by the installer. I've since had it;s annual service carried out by a different gas safe registered plumber and he couldn't see any obvious faults.

Just looking for an experienced eye to oversee this and comment, is it worth contacting Ideal under warranty? Will they send their guy out to assess (so if not the boiler fault, he may identify the cause?)

I estimate I'm wasting at least 20% of my hot water through this - so it's something I wantresolved but don't want to chuck good money over bad.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Will they identify the issue if not the boiler itself at fault? It's covered under a 7yr warranty - so no issues there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to {Advice sought} Ideal Boiler not giving consistent hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock