Search the forum,

Discuss Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Long story short,
Next door have thad a extension plus dormer put in under planning 30 odd objections yet still went through , ended up at local committee twice and second time was passed through .
However we have been saying all along that the dormer will look into our lounge and now its being built you can clearly see it will .No frosted window has been put forward so , so phoned up planning officer today and get told no frosted window as it looks into garden so none required , yet where it is looks easily into our living .
We have found out tho that this is supposed to be frosted yet the planning office has missed it and won't budge now its passed .

So anyone any idea how you go about complaining on something like this??

Bloody hell thats carp , have they bunged the inspector ?
They have cocked up , I will be seeing an building regs inspector next week , I will ask him , but I do know as a rule building inspectors do not get on with the planners .
Good luck

Unfortunately enforcement of planning is in the hands of the same people who approved the application. Certainly check the approved drawing. Windows frosted for privacy are normally unable to be opened and can, therefore, not be fire escape window for bedroom. Often though small details are changed after approval at "Planning Officer's Discretion" especially when Architect and Planner are known to each other.Your concerns should be raised in writing. Expect an acknowledgement of receipt, and then to be ignored.
Having allowed a period of time, ( I suggest 6 weeks), guerrilla tactics such as erecting a screen might bring parties to the negotiating table.( especially if screen was a tree house made from scaffold tubes). Planner's letters to you telling to remove screen, 28 days notice etc. will be phrased to appear as enforcement notices. They are bluff. A proper enforcement notice will allow you 28 days to appeal and no offence has been committed until you fail to comply with the terms of the proper notice, which can be delayed should you appeal it.
Keep us updated.

Check the dimensions against the drawings to.

Its a joke as i know the building control inspector and had a yap with him . He said the planners these days are literally idiots and are straight out of uni idiots. Tried several times too get the case officer to come in and look and all you get is a brick wall attitude.

I looks like ombudsman is next stop.

Have you talked to the owners about it, if not try it you may be suprised
If the dormer is a bedroom, how often will there be someone looking out of it
If you can't change it you either live with it or move house, or just walk around in the bollucky buff in full view of your neighbours and see what happens
They may come to a compromise

Ombudsman will only get involved once you've exhausted all formal channel of complaint, up to chief executive officer. His only concern will be that formal notices were properly given and procedures correct. He will not rule on merits or otherwise of the planning approval.

Have you talked to the owners about it, if not try it you may be suprised
If the dormer is a bedroom, how often will there be someone looking out of it
If you can't change it you either live with it or move house, or just walk around in the bollucky buff in full view of your neighbours and see what happens
They may come to a compromise

Basically old guy who had it has moved out and builder has it now , first day he turned up basically said he will do what he wants

Is it your fence that side? Thinking increase fence height or higher fence inside existing fence painted a horrid colour their side.

I can't do anything like increase height of fence or grow trees as will loose the light in the lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock