Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on Solar Thermal please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lambchop

Hi

Doing some contract work (assisting under qualified person) for a solar company, doubt if they will put me on a course (and I cant afford to take time off & pay for it mysely) so I am learning from there lads. Trouble is am I picking up bad habits?... No panels have fallen/exploded off the roof yet...

I've asked a few questions such as why is the system at 2 bar and you have pressurised the expansion vessel at 1.8 bar, shouldnt it be equal pressure...? All I got was, thats how we've always done it! Im a subby and they are a good bunch of lads but would like someone to recommend a text book solely on soalr renewables that is designed to educate a qualified plumber (if you know what I mean, not info for a custard)

Im not good on computers and have tried trawling the internet, it stresses me out so would prefer a good old fashioned book, with pictures always a bonus (ahemm diagrams)

cheers

The operating pressure will be higher than the charge pressure of the expansion vessel for instance with Sonnenkraft flat plate panels if the pressure of the vessel is 2.5 bar the recommended operating pressure will be 3.5 bar I have some training manuals I could send you but you will need to PM me you email addy, theres a lot of it too much to PM.

Thanks mate, thats a generous offer but I wouldnt want to take them off you as you might need them in the future as I keep all my books! (we are using Kingspan products at mo) Was after like a readers digest type of book (everything in it) to cross reference with until I gret it in my head or/and either they load me on to a course or the work runs out and services are no longer required...

Its all on a memory stick if you want me to email it to you I will but it's not really for beginners unless you can do flowrates and pipesizing with nonograms, Might be better to look on the navitron website there's loads of information on there and installation manuals which might help out.

i went on the navitron course

when he whipped out his garden sprayer and described it as a solar filling unit i turned off,
wasnt very professional IMO

mark i would be interested in the solar manuals if you wouldn't mind

i went on the navitron course

when he whipped out his garden sprayer and described it as a solar filling unit i turned off,
wasnt very professional IMO

Haha, I use one of these for pumping inhibitor in. Better than buying a grossly overpriced fernox one. Cost about £6 lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on Solar Thermal please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock