Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on pipe work under sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

please can you take a look at this setup under a sink and let me know what I can do? The parents just moved into a new flat and when they went to use the sink - The water isn't draining so well.

Theres an Electrolux d300 waste disposal - but it seems that the waste exit goes up! Which doesn't seem right!

im guessing it was done because the actual waste exit pipe is higher than the waste disposal!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 49
Hi
Yes, it runs uphil !
It will never work properly, unless the outlet is dropped lower.

your telling me! I stripped it down as it was rattling.. and it STUNK!!

I guess it will need the back of the unit taking out and the pipe there lowering... think its time to call in the big boys!

maybe just do away with the waste disposal and just fit a normal trap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on pipe work under sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
This is a picture of my sons sink plumbing. The yellow arrow goes to the dishwasher and the red arrow goes to the washing machine. There is a problem with waste water going from the sink, into the washing machine I guess because the pipe, right on the elbow isn't high enough. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock