Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on honeywell evohome setup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmac80

Hello all

First post here and after a bit of advice on Honeywell Evohome setup.
I was initially looking at the hive and nest, I even ordered a nest but shall be returning it as after looking over the honeywell evohome it just seems the best system for my needs..

Current system:
Combi boiler, 1 zone in entire house (ground floor living areas and first floor 3 bedrooms and bathroom)
Danfoss 7 day CH clock next to boiler and the worlds ugliest danfoss basic roomstat in my Hall, That's it just program on / off times or leave running and set by hall stat and danfoss rad trv's.

There is one room that I need to be warm pretty much all the time through the night and parts of the day and that's my daughters bedroom, She is disabled and her bedroom is also a sensory room, she sleeps on a thin mattress on the floor as a raised bed is too dangerous for her.

We will also be converting the garage into a downstairs bedroom/wetroom for her in the future as she's getting much to big to carry up/down stairs etc now, especially for my wife.

I was thinking about getting plumbers and sparks in to zone the system, ground floor 1 zone, first floor 2 zone and a third for future garage/bedroom then add nests to each zone... but this from what I can make out would cost me a fair bit more than a honeywell evohome setup and at the end of it I would still be left with less control than a evohome.

Does the honeywell sound like the better option for me?
Do you still have to have a radiator (currently in my hall where roomstat is) running freely with no trv?
My upstairs bathroom actually has 2 rads in it, normal one with trv and a towel radiator running freely like the downstairs hall one, would this be an issue to fit a evohome trv in there?
also.. my kitchen has 2 rads and my living rm has 2 rads, am i correct in thinking I can link say the 2 living rm evohome rad trv to a honeywell stat on the wall in that room and set temp from there? same for kitchen.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

James

I'd say the Evo is what you want.

As long as there's a bypass in your system you can get away with having a trv on every rad, if you have a combi then chances are you have a bypass in your boiler. You can choose to have the main controller as a thermostat and set a setting to make sure that any trvs and thermostat in the same room do not fight each other.

There's no problem to leaving the towl rail running as it is, it would also act as another bypass in the system and keep you towels warm, it would mean that the Towl rail will be on when ever any room in the house is been heated.

If you have 2 rads in one room you can asign both the trvs to the one room on the main controller. I believe that they work independently to get to the same desired temperature.

Hi Lucas
Thanks for the reply.
After a bit more reading I have come across a potential issue with evohome in my certain circumstances.

Everything about evohome seems perfect but I just read a 13 page evohome is noisy thread on another forum and now I'm a little concerned about noise as my daughters head would be about 1/2 foot from the trv as she basically sleeps on the floor.

The idea I really liked about evohome was the plug and play aspect, And with the potential noise issue I would have under my circumstances with my daughter I may be just better going back to my original idea of ground floor zone, first floor zone and garage conversion zone with nest stats or similar.. I did like the idea of every room been a zone but I guess 3 zones isn't bad overall as I can still shut down unused zones / rooms in that areas with the manual TRV's I have.. (for example an unused bedroom)

It's hard enough trying to get my daughter to sleep and stay asleep as it is and with any distractions it keeps her awake for hours on end, I've gone to bed at 1am, walked past her door and the floorboard creaked, then that's her awake until about 4am.
A crappy situation but that's life

Thanks James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on honeywell evohome setup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon all, I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working from home and want to zone the heating system, unfortunately the system boiler and cylinder is in the garage with 2 x 22mm primary pipes disappearing...
Replies
Views
Is there any advice on using Honeywell Evohome with 2 zone heating. Honeywell support are pretty useless and give conflicting advice. They suggested I ask my installer (but my installer suggested I ask Honeywell). I found a support article on the Honeywell Resideo website by Googling...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on the first floor and then to feed a towel rail in a bathroom a rad in the utility and a rad in my lounge on the ground floor. Can I run my 22mm flow &...
Replies
Views
Looking for a quick bit of advice since I'm trying to wrap my head around what work I need done. Right now I have an old conventional boiler that heats my hot water tank. The water tank has manual open/shut valve so that I can only heat the water tank and not the heating. I'm replacing this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock