Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on generating oil work for OFTEC technician in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JD89

Gentlemen, ladies...

I'm an OFTEC technician and I work for a self employed guy who's Gas Safe, at the moment there's very little oil work coming our way, mainly gas.

Now we've spoken before and he said if there was a lot more work with oil coming through my earnings could potentially go up so it's in my best interest to push for more oil work.

Thing is I have no business experience so what could I do to help myself get more oil work in?

Regards!

I would put out an offer of a discounted service. Any customer that comes up you can get on your books for a standard service next year. As you already would know you will find lots of faults doing this to and you can hopefully get paid to put them right.

Advertising is a good start.

Half the time people don't know actually what you do.

Are you a registered business with Oftec, or have you only done the course. If its the later, then you must register with them as a technician and business. Without this, you cannot use the Oftec logos on anything as that then comes under the false advertising law.....

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I'm registered with OFTEC, our work-wear, van and website has the OFTEC logo on them, I even announced being OFTEC on our social media page. We do get calls now and again but I was hoping to up it a bit. I'll get some fliers sorted out and hand them out in the villages surrounding our town.

I don't get involved with Oil, but like LPG it all depends on location, Parts of Devon & Cornwall have a lot of Oil, other parts of country have virtually none So it's all to do with where you cover.

In my area it's mainly natural gas but then once you go into the rural areas it's oil and LPG ... The rural area isn't that far from where we're based so it'll be good to tap into these small villages.

Quite often there is bigger properties in the villages, a lot need updating so a good source of income.
Do a good job on your services and you will get a good name locally for oil. Have a chat to local oil suppliers, could partner with them to offer customers servicing and breakdown and give them a (small) cut

Depending what age you are get yourself down to the young farmers or farmers ball and get yourself known.
They don't get out much so make 1st impressions count ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on generating oil work for OFTEC technician in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock