Discuss Advice on choosing a combi boiler please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
intergas are moving into the uk quite fast, another dutch firm, good warranty ,well designed for the installer and maintainer.

as far as french plumbing is concerned, my visits to my sister in law in toulouse only made me want to come home to reliable boilers and plumbing. Only the army uses holes in the ground to deposit waste in the uk, and the wc that was installed a week prior to my visit was 12" off the wall with no support for the cistern which soon became less than close coupled. Better still the french plumber ran the soil pipe into the ground. Only after they enquired with french building regs did my in laws discover they needed a cess pit to be put in!!!!

First thanks to forum members for the advice and just to update the forum, I got a Worcester Bosch 30Cdi installed at the end of October 2009. What a difference it has made both to how quickly the house heats up and the very fast supply of hot water. The only downside I don't like is the fiddly key arrangement used instead of a filling loop to refill the system. I can never manage to get it to work without leakinh some weater. I fitted the magnaclean and it too was a good idea.

Hi all,
Great site. I have a Modena 102, installed when this 2-bed flat was built 10 years ago. It's always been eccentric. Now it's psychotic: sometimes working fine for CH and HW, but usually firing up for a few seconds then leaving me, and the water, freezing. I think it could be pricey to fix because on the day a plumber comes .... it's bound to be fine.

So, fix, or replace?

If replace - with what?
The flat has 7 radiators, but I tend to use ony 2 or 3, and have the usual requirements for HW in shower etc.
What would be a reliable boiler, easily fitted to replace the Modena? And how much might it cost, either to fix, or replace?

Can any of you brilliant contributors help me? Fingers crossed.

Good Wishes,
Caralyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on choosing a combi boiler please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back