Discuss Advice for boiler option for 15 mm pipe gas supply into the flat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Need to replace a 20+ year combi boiler (doesn't work), it is in a 65 sq m (2 bedroom 1 bath/shower) flat on a second floor of a Victorian house in central London. The only other appliance that uses gas is a cooker. It is likely that the 15 mm pipe is all the way from the gas meter that is in the basement outside. It may not be an option to run 22mm pipe all the way up inside the building through other people's flats etc etc and not allowed outside.

- Is there an option to install a lower efficiency new boiler that gas work on gas supply through a 15 mm pipe? Is it correct that while suboptimal from efficiency point of view it is likely to work fine/be safe etc, and while manufacturer's warranty will be affected I should expect the bolier as it is new to work well for a number of year?

- If this is possible what boiler model should I look for [BG engineer mentioned that Vallient Ecoteck Pro 24 can work reasonably well off 15 mm]

- would it help if I replace a cooker with an electric one ?

- is there a way to check whether there is somewhere a 22 m pipe in the flat without removing floors etc? There is definitely a 15 mm coming to the cooker.

Your advise is much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Reply to Advice for boiler option for 15 mm pipe gas supply into the flat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock