Search the forum,

Discuss Advantages of commercial water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
Dear all,

One restaurant is going to install Andrew commercial water heater for hot water supply. I think if they install an un vented cylinder which is much more economical but same hot water supply. Anyone has installed commercial water heater before? What are the advantages?

Thanks.

Are you commercial gas safe reg ?

There are Advantages but you need to have commercial Qualifications to Install one.

Whats is the demarcation on these between domestic use & commercial use because some of the range has smaller outputs than a lot of domestic boilers ?

Whats is the demarcation on these between domestic use & commercial use because some of the range has smaller outputs than a lot of domestic boilers ?

There classed as a commercial appliance I think

You can use the smaller ones for Large domestic properties. Mostly because the performance outways most domestic ( small ) installations needs/requirements.
The one asked about by the OP, is in a restaurant and therefore, due to the installation being commercial ( most likely), it will need a commercial GSR installer. So mainly because of where not what it is. I Hope this answers your question ?
I have seen them in Large houses where a domestic installer would have legally installed them.

So have I which is why I asked.

I use to work on them all Andrews, A.O.Smith, Lochinvar, State & others I can't remember, all before there was a commercial ticket, showing my age now. :wheelchair:

So have I which is why I asked.

I use to work on them all Andrews, A.O.Smith, Lochinvar, State & others I can't remember, all before there was a commercial ticket, showing my age now. :wheelchair:

:D were you around when you could join gas safe if you were timed surved and shown you we're compant?

You can use the smaller ones for Large domestic properties. Mostly because the performance outways most domestic ( small ) installations needs/requirements.
The one asked about by the OP, is in a restaurant and therefore, due to the installation being commercial ( most likely), it will need a commercial GSR installer. So mainly because of where not what it is. I Hope this answers your question ?
I have seen them in Large houses where a domestic installer would have legally installed them.

The location doesn't matter.

What matters is whether....

1. It is over 70kW
2. The manufacturer has deemed it to be a commercial appliance.
3. The gas pipe is over 35mm.
4. The installation gas volume is greater than 0.035m3.

Then you need your commercial ticket.

:D were you around when you could join gas safe if you were timed surved and shown you we're compant?

I've still got our original letter to join GORGI, when it was voluntary to join.

that was back in eighteen hundred and frozen to death.

The location doesn't matter.

What matters is whether....

1. It is over 70kW
2. The manufacturer has deemed it to be a commercial appliance.
3. The gas pipe is over 35mm.
4. The installation gas volume is greater than 0.035m3.

Then you need your commercial ticket.

I already know all that because I've been working as an industrial heating engineer for 28 years now Croppie. Sometimes I feel a bit like you're picking on me !

However, I do agree with you that any appliances in a commercial setting should be deemed as commercial whether they fall under the limits or not.

However, I do agree with you that any appliances in a commercial setting should be deemed as commercial whether they fall under the limits or not.

with you on that croppie always said it should be the premise also that deems whether commercial

It should off the type of premises as well as everything else.

It would stop people who haven't got a clue from interfering with things they don't understand

I joined corgi think it was '91. Oh the good old days was contracting to bg in '86. I think I am officially old now!

I already know all that because I've been working as an industrial heating engineer for 28 years now Croppie. Sometimes I feel a bit like you're picking on me !

Some people say if someone's picking on you they maybe fancy you ;)

I joined corgi think it was '91. Oh the good old days was contracting to bg in '86. I think I am officially old now!

You're officially old when you change an ideal mexico, Glow worm hideaway or Potterton kingfisher that, .......YOU !..... put in yourself and it's now classed as a 'relic' by younger folk.

It's worse when you stand in front of it trying to think how long ago it was !
It only feels like a couple of years ago.

Some young up and coming Transco/National grid chap a few month back had a heated debate with one of my customers because he thought the old fella was crackers for saying that his boiler was behind the fire !

He'd never seen a Baxi Bermuda.

That made me feel old too !

I order to install any appliance in Commercial premises whether it be an appliance which can also be installed in a Domestic property or not, you need to understand Commercial ventilation requirements, something not covered on Domestic ACS I assume.

Conversely if you are only Commercial, as I am, you would not necessarily have a full understanding of all the requirements for Domestic installations.

I also worked on gas boilers, 2Mw. ish when Corgi was voluntary and my employer, the Civil service did not recognise it so I couldn't have joined if I wanted to.

Last edited:
Have taken out by, pottering kingfisher's, ideal Mexico's etc. Even remember the Austin maestros and the old bedford

Have taken out by, pottering kingfisher's, ideal Mexico's etc. Even remember the Austin maestros and the old bedford

Bedford CF 250 three gears. Jumped out of third at 35mph

Now I'm reminiscing

Bedford CF 250 three gears. Jumped out of third at 35mph

Now I'm reminiscing

I had a Bedford TK when I was working for BT building services. The thing was slower than tectonic plates....

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they the ones with bench seats and sliding doors ?

Are they the ones with bench seats and sliding doors ?

Cf had sliding doors if you wanted em.
One of Ours had them, vynil seats too. Red hot in summer, freezing in winter.
Needed doors open to let fumes from engine cover out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advantages of commercial water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock