Search the forum,

Discuss ADEY magnaclense in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Easy

anyone have any advice on this as I am torn between this or a powerfush gizmo or do I need both seem the promo vids and it looks great, but then again doesn't every promo vid, any advice greatfully received

for best results use both together I have just sold my powerflusher about 2 month ago as I hire one from the merchants for less than £40 and I needed the space. there's is a much more powerful machine and it has a additional magnaclense on it

cheers woody, thanks for the advice will look into what there is around in my area for hire

I've just bought a Magnacleanse and will be using it 1st time on Thursday, so will be interesting to see what it's like. From what I've heard from a few people there a great piece of kit!

The box is a gr8 design! Easiest box in the world to open !make sure hoses are on correctly. When plugging it all in, put valve end of hose nearest to boiler side . So that when u finished u can turn off and carry outside without dribbling.

Ok so it didn't go well at all.... Rigged it all up, which was easy and didn't take long at all, all going well, then I started to fill the system and it all went wrong....
As soon as the system got upto .2 of pressure water started pi##ing out of the rapid connect adapter! The leak was coming out from where the locking pins so there was nothing I could do but drain the the system and pack up, so to drain I used the inline DOC which unfortunately leaked from the isolating knob!
As you can imagine I was not a happy bunny! First I called the merchant where I purchased it from but they didn't have another in stock, so I then called the Adey customer care. To be fair they did all they could and sent me a new extras kit that arrived today as promised (which means I have spare hoses, fittings etc) and they also got the local rep to call me to see if he could help.
Glad they sent me the replacements quickly but not to happy that I lost a day of work and now have to rearrange day/times to suit both me and customer....
I'm using it again tomorrow so hopefully I'll have better luck!

I must say although it didn't go well, I was really impressed with the design and simplicity, like others have mentioned the box is great as it also acts as a drip tray. Looking forward to using it tomorrow!

Sounds like a disaster... Not surprised you were not happy !

I love my magnacleanse can I put pics on here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 114
Ooh I did lol I had to empty filters 5 times on last flush an old o/v oil boiler system customer was thrilled her rads worked again lol

I've got one of these, had it since April and it works fine for me. Yes there's the issue of water leaking from the drain off tap, and sometimes around the hose connection to the quick connect valves but all in all it's great and works fine without additional power flush machine.

Questions:
- Do any of you take the rads off the wall and flush them through with a hose or do you rely on the machine?
- Is there a good cleanser fluid that doesn't require a neutraliser afterwards?

Hi Robert, our company insist we take rads off to flush them. I think you get a better clean than just relying on the machine, normally run a cleaner in system beforehand if possible then a inhibitor afterwards. Can be a bit of a drag but our boss is a bit old fashioned.

Hi Robert, our company insist we take rads off to flush them. I think you get a better clean than just relying on the machine, normally run a cleaner in system beforehand if possible then a inhibitor afterwards. Can be a bit of a drag but our boss is a bit old fashioned.

I'm good with the whole idea of removing the rads to flush them out. I was just garnering opinion on which process was favoured really, that and the fact that I have had to clean a (Small) system where the rads were fixed so close under shelving/breakfast bar that I couldn't lift them off the brackets.

The question about the neutraliser was just because someone told me it was always required. I have read that the cleaners these days do not require a neutralised, we rely flshing out correctly.

I'd love to take the rads of on every job and flush them. But! It's just not practical, because of the time factor and mess and dirt issues.

I've yet to figure out how all these speed merchants manage to do boiler swaps in four hours and power flush them, or just plain flush them.
It takes me the best part of an hour to set up the machine.

Does anyone know if if fits the fernox power Flush hoses?

Don't know about the fernox fittings Leo as i have a kamco machine but i had to make up another set of hoses to fit onto the magna. Not a big deal.
It speeds up the process a bit and impresses the customers when you show them the muck. They think they are getting more for their money somehow.
As for leaking connections, if you don't put them on correctly they will leak. Its not a problem, shut off the valves and reposition them. Any small drips go into the tray and won't fill it.
Btw i hate the box. It is shyte and falls open just looking at it. A stupid magnetic button supposedly holds it shut. My rse!
At the end of the day it is all cash to the cause........the Tam retirement fund:wink:

Haven't tried it yet, but Iove the way you get a really smart professional looking case. And cardboard box for the rest of the bits?

Haven't tried it yet, but Iove the way you get a really smart professional looking case. And cardboard box for the rest of the bits?

A smart looking professional case that will fall open and trip you up as you walk up the drive!
Just hope she isn't watching out the window or she'll be thinking fk what am i getting here :lol:

A smart looking professional case that will fall open and trip you up as you walk up the drive!
Just hope she isn't watching out the window or she'll be thinking fk what am i getting here :lol:

took me half hour to figure out how to open it!

ive used the magnacleanse and the kamco large filter and i prefere the kamco. Quick release's fail very quickly, the kamco filter is transparent so you can see whats gewin on and you can bypass the filter when cleaning it out.

as regards the question about neutraliser needed. Only with cleaning chems that are acid based. most are not. One advantage of using a machine over just a filter is you can dump all the system water with the machine.

Don't know about the fernox fittings Leo as i have a kamco machine but i had to make up another set of hoses to fit onto the magna. Not a big deal.
It speeds up the process a bit and impresses the customers when you show them the muck. They think they are getting more for their money somehow.
As for leaking connections, if you don't put them on correctly they will leak. Its not a problem, shut off the valves and reposition them. Any small drips go into the tray and won't fill it.
Btw i hate the box. It is shyte and falls open just looking at it. A stupid magnetic button supposedly holds it shut. My rse!
At the end of the day it is all cash to the cause........the Tam retirement fund:wink:

Agree completely about the crappy case.
My connections dont leak but the first time I used mine the hose popped off the barbed spigot and I just caugjt it and stuck it out the open window and turned off the iso...
Dead lucky really :p

Been fine since I tightened up all connections.

It all goes in the box, I binned the stupid 29p case for the bracket thingy. Only thing that doesn't fit in is the hoses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ADEY magnaclense in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock