Search the forum,

Discuss Adey magnaclean professional 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
does anyone else think the 'trigger' is the most stupid idea??

Had to remove one to attach my powerflush machine yesterday, admittedly the space was tight.. but push fit over time is always a nightmare to get off.. why put that stupid plastic thing in the way!!!!

its there for a reason :D

tighten the red wheel back on its self (away fro the magna pot)

and then squeeze the "plastic thing" aginst the body to the magna clean and pull, the bottle should remove easy

and then squeeze the "plastic thing" aginst the body to the magna clean and pull, the bottle should remove easy

What he said, it actually makes it quite easy to remove.

Yeah I did that.. wasn't budging.. had to use a screwdriver to push the lugs in on the push fit connectors and pull it back in half millimetre segments lol took a while

Yeah I did that.. wasn't budging.. had to use a screwdriver to push the lugs in on the push fit connectors and pull it back in half millimetre segments lol took a while

thats strange, there wasnt any pressure on it (eg you had removed the cap)

also did you try pushing it forward first, the squeezing locking ring and pulling off?

have had one stuck yet (touch wood)

thats strange, there wasnt any pressure on it (eg you had removed the cap)

also did you try pushing it forward first, the squeezing locking ring and pulling off?

have had one stuck yet (touch wood)
Yeah I completely emptied the canister, took out the magnet even and tried again. Had to call adey in the end cos I thought I was being an idiot. They said sometimes it does take a 'tug'.. but this thing was like it was nearly seized on.. tried pushing it forward a couple times to see if I'd actually made any progress lol but no.. got it off in the end though and had to grease the o-rings as they wouldn't push back on.

Yeah I completely emptied the canister, took out the magnet even and tried again. Had to call adey in the end cos I thought I was being an idiot. They said sometimes it does take a 'tug'.. but this thing was like it was nearly seized on.. tried pushing it forward a couple times to see if I'd actually made any progress lol but no.. got it off in the end though and had to grease the o-rings as they wouldn't push back on.

that is a werid one, once you removed it any crud on the brass tails ?

That is strange. I have been fitting these ages and never had an issue. However I have not had to remove many after fitting. I love these, they are all I fit now. If you are doing a powerflush then I presume you did not fit it originally?

I like these so much that they are all I fit. Not yet had a problem with any, but then never had to take one back out.
I usually fit the older ones.. but from an install point of view I can see why you do

Always fit adey magnaclean 2 where i can never had any issues fitted one yesterday on a combi swap job done .

20170430_142626.jpg

please say you brought a spark in for the wiring ?

Hooked into what was there shaun sparks has got to wire in the wireless stat will be tidied up and a cupboard built around it was out for a meal last night with friends so was a bit pushed ha ha cheers kop.

Before and after .

20170427_172302.jpg

20170430_142614.jpg

Last edited:
Hooked into what was there shaun sparks has got to wire in the wireless stat will be tidied up then out for a meal last night so was a bit pushed ha ha chepeprs kop

so you didnt drill the gland into the plat :)

Will be changed tuesday shaun when reciever is wired in had to use what i had in the van thanks for info cheers kop

Ah thanks @jaydebruyne
Good to know, didn't know that some require it.
I'm sure someone told me this on here.. never read it myself though but I've only fitted Keston/Ideal/Worcester/Vaillant boilers - Combi's can be an instigator of water hammer so I've learned along my travels

I'm sure someone told me this on here.. never read it myself though but I've only fitted Keston/Ideal/Worcester/Vaillant boilers - Combi's can be an instigator of water hammer so I've learned along my travels
So, basically you install a shock arrestor just in case when doing a boiler swap?

You should be proud of that job mate, very neat.

much better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adey magnaclean professional 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock