Search the forum,

Discuss Adey Magnaclean Professional 2 any thoughts?. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Clarke

I was looking at putting a filter on the return on my ariston boiler. I was originally looking at either the Fernox TF-1 Filter or the Compact version. But I recently noticed that Adey have released a new version of there Magnaclean. The Professional 2. Has anyone had experience of these or have they fitted one?. If so what are your thoughts on the product?.

There are many magnetic and non magnetic filters on the market - magnaclean and fernox
are the most advertised and consequently the biggest sellers.

In my opinion centramag by Trappex is the best enginnered and sensibly priced dual
filter available. It also has the strongest magnet ( ie trappex quote how strong their magnet is) try askin magnaclean how strong their magnet is - they wont tell.

As a former designer of commercial c.h. mag filters I could bore you all with reams of info but wont

centralheatking :75:

Last edited by a moderator:
bit like baked beans, they all do the job, some people like to pay for a name others like aldi beans

great product, looks neat, does an important job and you can win stuff!!!

ask yourself this does the entry point of water cause a swirling motion answer NO because it hits the middle of the magnet .
The pushfit fitting do you trust this ?
I have opened many magnaclean sheaths to check if it has caught non-magnetic debris and nothing (A GIMMICK)
give adey a ring and ask them about the power of the magnet ,they will never let you know the gauss power!

Last edited:
So you install products in your customers homes BECAUSE
you can win stuff and thats it - sums up magnaclean

small time installers going for bacon buttys and key fobs
outside the plumbers merchants....

great product, looks neat, does an important job and you can win stuff!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ask yourself this does the entry point of water cause a swirling motion answer NO because it hits the middle of the magnet .
The pushfit fitting do you trust this ?
I have opened many magnaclean sheaths to check if it has caught non-magnetic debris and nothing (A GIMMICK)
give adey a ring and ask them about the power of the magnet ,they will never let you know the gauss power!

Hits the middle of magnet but when I have remove for cleaning there is a even cover on magnet so don't personally see this as an issue.
Push fit fittings not a good move personally.
Non magnetic debris never had much in the filters I have removed does it not work or nothing in system.
Power of magnet as long as it hold a good amount which they do can not see the point that some company's don't state a size.
I m going to have a play with some filters as said in one of my other posts and will also add some non magnetic dirt in to water as well to see what goes on.
What filters have you installed in the past what do you install now

This magnet filter malarkey is going on for awhile now... I say we need to do one of those forum votes!

favourite magent filter! Include them all, even the no nonsense screw fix one lol!

Nothing wrong with magnaclean filters imo, very good infact. There are loads on the market now and the price should be going down. I think worcester advertise there filter having the strongest magnet? who knows? who cares? its about the amount of crud it stops getting to your boilers water ways thats the most important things not what power the magent has.

Ive cleaned a number of filters on service and some dont seem to pic up mutch at all, most magnacleans seem to pic up loads, but then that depends on the systems conditions tbh.

the trappex filter has got good reviews from members on here that have used it, so i would say its probably good. the proof is in the pudding so to speak. We will know in 3-5 years how good all these new filters are as we will see which ones last and protect the boiler best. As we all know plastic and high temps dont mix well over long periods, so how long they last will be interesting and can be taken into consideration when choosing one. Afterall i would want mine to last the life of my boiler.

Last edited:
depends on plastic ,we have reinforced glass filled plastic to prevent expansion and contraction .One thing is for sure filter prices will drop in the next 12 months and the worcester filter is made by adey ,similar to the twin tec .
You are paying through the nose for adeys marketing !

Well said - which is ultimately why we went down the industrial/commercial route for our filter a few years ago and then got out
depends on plastic ,we have reinforced glass filled plastic to prevent expansion and contraction .One thing is for sure filter prices will drop in the next 12 months and the worcester filter is made by adey ,similar to the twin tec .

i was told at worcester that it was not made by adey but designed by the same design engineer? so is it def made by adey?

as reguards marketing i guess your right about the price reflects the outlay they have, thats how business works. One reason worcester, vailant etc.... cost more.
You could say there outlay has helped the entire magnetic filter marketplace. If it was not for them then most of the new filters would not be around imo and we would not be fitting them as much, so i dont think its a bad thing. Infact its a good thing for cheaper filter manufactures to a degree.

Chris adey must be kinda peed off that everyone has jumped on his bandwagon!

It was him who thought of the concept right? Or was there something similar before from other makers? I can't remember...

Personally, I've fitted the Fernox TF1, Magnaclean Professional, Maganclean Professional 2, Magnaclean Micro. I dont trust ay filter I cant open up to see what its caught (i.e. Magnabooster 2/3).
The one thing I like about the Magnaclean professional 2 is the fact it can be installed inline, looks neat.
I would try the Trappex filter but I haven't seen any for sale near me so cant comment.

Bought my first magnaclean pro 2 today, much better now it can be installed inline!

The built in slip coupler too means fitting it shud be pretty easy! Better iso valves too! Quarter turn, I hated the last 360 type ones, so awkward!

Will see how it goes when I come to fit it

I do remember I was before him - but he got the BG contract cause he was cheaper and his quality was poor - thats why they got de-listed by BG for a while
Chris adey must be kinda peed off that everyone has jumped on his bandwagon!

It was him who thought of the concept right? Or was there something similar before from other makers? I can't remember...

my concern with the magnaclean pro 2 is the pushfit fittings .How long will they last ?

Yeah weve started using the mk2 only time will tell, i was quite happy with the old ones..regarding magnet strenth i wont be happy till i take one apart and it pulls my fillings out.

I see it comes with the tool to pull off the jg speedfits!

I hope it still works I'm years to come. Because the old shower pumps with jg fittings on dont come off! They just seize solid on there!

O rings just think worcester boiler maintenance (should i really need to hit it that hard)

you have hit the nail on the head .One of two will happen the filter will be blown of the rig or you just cant get them off . I would have thought adey would have changed the lid design as it has had ongoing problems .
I see it comes with the tool to pull off the jg speedfits!

I hope it still works I'm years to come. Because the old shower pumps with jg fittings on dont come off! They just seize solid on there!

I cant see why the filter housing needs to be removed, I have fitted 2 this week and certainly impressed.

Cant see why the pushfit fittings would be any worse than any other plastic pushfit fittings.

I saw in there video they remove to attach the magnacleanse machine! But should not really be necessary too much I guess!

All in all, I think it's a good quality bit of kit! Definitely still a premium filter... Please remember these comments when deciding who wins that shiny new vw transporter mr adey... I know you read these things :)

Cant see why the pushfit fittings would be any worse than any other plastic pushfit fittings.

I agree to a certain extent but o rings on anything heating form my personal exprience is a crap idea because you just cant undo or disconnect properly due to the hardened sludge etc that seals them onto the pipework, then theres a risk of leaks if the o rings arent replaced because of heat and chemical stress. pain in the arse imho.

i can certainly give you examples of o ring problems on boilers for example britony combi ,all the parts held in by o rings .
Look at all the plastic fittings hep 2 0 ,polypipe ,jg speedfit .
Unanimously jg speedfit the worst for leaking and that is what magnaclean has picked

Yeah it's all good when there brand new & clean fittings... But once the sludge has settled in it makes a right stubborn mess where your o ring needs to seat & seal!

Its like changing parts on boilers! You just can't clean this crap off!

so you are just doing it for the van ,does your customer know ! LOL
I saw in there video they remove to attach the magnacleanse machine! But should not really be necessary too much I guess!

All in all, I think it's a good quality bit of kit! Definitely still a premium filter... Please remember these comments when deciding who wins that shiny new vw transporter mr adey... I know you read these things :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adey Magnaclean Professional 2 any thoughts?. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock