Search the forum,

Discuss Additional air vents on combi pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
A customer has a boiler that is sludge up and going to lockout. British gas are insisting on powerflush ok, and fitting an extra automatic air vents on both the flow and return pipe work above the combi boiler because of possible air locks. The system is 15yrs old and I am planning to powerflush to solve sludge problems. Saving the customer 50%.

Its worked well for 15yrs without these auto air vents. The above boiler pipework feeds pipework and rads on upper floor, so air should vent ok. I would not install with these additional vents. Why are british gas demanding this, i am questioning if its needed. Your views please. Ta.

Probably a case of building a days work quota and making money, if they haven't had a problem before then I would ignore there advise.

Thanks CH4, I think there all under pressure to work the job to justify their high charges.
The only time ive ever had to fit additional air vents has been on open vented systems.

If they customer wants to keep the bg cover they will probably demand to have those air vents.
For the sake of a few quid won't do any harm or persuade the customer to come off their cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Additional air vents on combi pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock