Search the forum,

Discuss Adding sealant to system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cagdas alcicek

Hello,

I have recently installed a new boiler and my pressure is still dropping every few days. I've been told that its due to a leak somewhere in the pipework. I cant see any leaks on the radiators or valves, and the pipes are under concrete underground. I was going to add some Sentinel Leak sealer (this one to be exact) to see if it would fix the issue before taking any drastic measures.

I have a magnaclean filter installed. My question is, are these sealants harmful to this filter in any way?

Thanks,
Cagdas

I would make absolutely sure the leak is on the system and not the boiler before putting that stuff in it , I have never used it and never will , the lads I know who have used it have very mixed opinions on it . What boiler is it ? , did it leak before ?

Ive never liked leak sealer as was always under the belief that they werent good for the system although newer ones are not so bad ,,, now i dont know the facts on sealer so im just saying wots in my head but if i was going to use it and put it into the big magnet id check wots in the ingredients incase it sticks to the magnet lol

I was always under the impression that some manufacturers don't like it in there boilers and it voids the warranty, but I may be mistaken.

Out of curiosity, can this stuff seal up AAV's ?
like the one inside your boiler ?
Just asking because I don't use it so I don't know much about it

Out of curiosity, can this stuff seal up AAV's ?
like the one inside your boiler ?
Just asking because I don't use it so I don't know much about it

They say it's not supposed to but we all know it could :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adding sealant to system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock