Search the forum,

Discuss Adding inhibitor to towel rail radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I've just watched a video online on how to add inhibitor to central heating. I know I've got to turn off both valves at bottom of towel rail first. I did the left hand one easily, but I'm struggling with the right hand one. The one on the left had a cap which came off easily and I then turned off the valve which was underneath. The left hand one is very different though. It's much longer and just turns round and round when you try to remove the cap, so I can't access the valve. Does anyone know how I can access the right hand valve? Thanks.

Hi, I've just watched a video online on how to add inhibitor to central heating. I know I've got to turn off both valves at bottom of towel rail first. I did the left hand one easily, but I'm struggling with the right hand one. The one on the left had a cap which came off easily and I then turned off the valve which was underneath. The left hand one is very different though. It's much longer and just turns round and round when you try to remove the cap, so I can't access the valve. Does anyone know how I can access the right hand valve? Thanks.
Normally you unscrew the cap at the end of the one that just spins around mate. Got a picture of it?

one will be a wheelhead valve that turns the other a lockshield that just goes round and round - take the cap off and turn the flat shaft with pliers.

one will be a wheelhead valve that turns the other a lockshield that just goes round and round - take the cap off and turn the flat shaft with pliers.
Use an adjustable spanner or the cap from the other valve. Pliers are not designed for that purpose. You will damage the spindle.

Sounds like someone might get a bit wet. Make sure you drain down a bit and release any pressure you've got in your system before you try adding anything to it.

There was an inhibitor cartridge - like a sealant gun which you hooked into rad bleed and force stuff in. They were not supposed to be re-usable but.............

There was an inhibitor cartridge - like a sealant gun which you hooked into rad bleed and force stuff in. They were not supposed to be re-usable but..
OK until you drop the bleed screw and you still have to isolate the rad

Reply to Adding inhibitor to towel rail radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock