Search the forum,

Discuss ACS to C&Q Info needed I am ACS Engineer without c&g in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ant07

[h=2][/h]
I am and Acs engineer working for a reputable heating firm. my role now is diagnostics and repair on domestic instillations. Although i have had industry experience since leaving school i only gained my ACS a couple of years ago. This is why as an experienced, proficient engineer i now is to round of my complete qualifications. Experience wouldn't be any issue and i will quickly sail through the required exams but with work commitments day/block release isn't an option.

so really i need to know with my current qualifications is there a direct route that may be an option.

regards

anthony stannard
Nortons heating GS NO :199682

Thanks Tamz. Believe it or not i currently enjoy a comfortable lifestyle in a secure job that i happen to be good at. I imagine you find it hard that some people want to be the best they can be and are willing to put themselves out there simply to improve as individual.
Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Once upon a time i believed i was the best at what i did (and i was). Now i no longer gaf. I bide my time to retirement to leave it to all the clever guys like you who can work google and learn at their customers expense. No matter how good you think you are you will learn from your mistakes which we all did.
If you are so comfortable and secure in what you currently do, why think the grass is greener here.

know were you are coming from ant,folk forget the Dalai Lama was a legendary plumber and alot of his teaching have there foundations in the industry

ok please let me explain, from school i worked for 4 years under my grandfather to gain a good foundation of the industry. I didn't however take level 3 NVQ at the time. it has taken a lot of hard work over the last 10 years to become a recognized professional. As you are clearly aware we are in an ever changing industry it would be impossible to think "I know everything". I am however a competent diagnostic engineer and not just a -google part thrower-. so I could quite happily plod away in my current role.
Truth be told, I'm looking for a position with a manufacturer and there are certain criteria to be met to be considered. I am committed one way or another to making this happen.
I can see you have no valuable information with regards to my personal situation so thank you for your time.

I can see you have no valuable information with regards to my personal situation so thank you for your time.

I have a lot of valuable information but i've become a bit fussy over the past few years for many reasons, who i give it to, but you are quite correct. I couldn't gaf with regards your personal situation but i'm sure you will live longer than me so good luck in your endeavors.

What a shame you don't GIF about someone doing their best to get on in life. Helping people can be quite fulfilling.I hope you enjoy your wind down to retirement.

Unfortunately for you i've had my fill of it. 2 or 3 years ago i would have given you a positive answer but i'm afraid i've turned into Victor Meldrew as i see what my trade is evolving into.

I know exactly where you are coming from. This is why i am focused on progressing to the highest level i can with a manufacturer. i will have to look at night school or something to gain my Lv3 on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS to C&Q Info needed I am ACS Engineer without c&g in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock