Search the forum,

Discuss acs resit failed again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've failed twice give up and become a shelf stacker.

Thanks everbody for your kind advice ....well i took the CCN1 assesment with cpa1 and appliances again at other centre and passed,it was alot harder and alot more exams because it was my first time .dont think i will be stacking shelves rossie46 and gasmarc lol .The other centre who are advertising 100% pass rate and claiming to be professional...But there just out to rip you off and charge you a fortune for there training and exams .

Well done for passing.
Now your training and learning will really begin when you are out on your own with nothing but a couple of books to hopefully find the answers in.

Well done for passing.
Now your training and learning will really begin when you are out on your own with nothing but a couple of books to hopefully find the answers in.
Dont judge me if you dont no me tamz .

im not working on my own as i work along side gse already.i understand where your coming from though.

lose the attitude my friend, Tam has forgotten more about this job than you can hope to learn, he was giving you polite accurate and helpful advise, do yourself a big favour and listen to him

Personally I am new to the job as well (although I have come from an engineering background).
The main reason for ACS is to see if you are safe.
The fact that you failed must mean you was deemed unsafe?

I did my first Assessment 11 years ago and even though I have 2 engineering degrees I still learn things daily.

I can honestly say if I look back now at what sort of an engineer I was then (just after my ACS), I was rubbish and totally clueless.

The Assessment really is just the start and I have learnt so much since.
Experience is everything.

Look upon passing as the start and not that you are miraculously as good as any engineer out there.

Dont get me wrong, just because someone has been in the job 30 years does not make them a good engineer (I have met many that are not) but the ACS is just the license to start learning.

Personally I am new to the job as well (although I have come from an engineering background).

I did my first Assessment 11 years ago and even though I have 2 engineering degrees I still learn things daily.

I can honestly say if I look back now at what sort of an engineer I was then (just after my ACS), I was rubbish and totally clueless.

Look upon passing as the start and not that you are miraculously as good as any engineer out there.

Dont get me wrong, just because someone has been in the job 30 years does not make them a good engineer (I have met many that are not) but the ACS is just the license to start learning.
#

i agree with u 100% its all about the experiance and to see that your safe out there .

Well done on finally passing. :hurray:

Try not to take things to heart so quickly..you'll need a rhino like hide out there if you want to get by & I'm 100% sure you'll be needing answers from these same guys before very long. Good luck.

On this point, if you could somehow get the ACS with not much gas experience or knowledge, would it be ok as long as you worked with a gas engineer for 5 years before doing it on your own?

It used to be done the other way around.
Work with a gas guy for 3 or 4 years and gain experience THEN sit your acs then maybe work with some more guys and get more experience then maybe go do your own thing.

Do i think today's ways are an improvement ¿¿¿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to acs resit failed again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock